Impact

2015 Best Picture predictions!

Other Weinstein film that might have a strong campaign is Macbeth, with Cotillard and Fassbender. I've learned today of that film, it has some great talent involved in it, and apparently the preview got great responses at last Cannes.

• Like 1

Other Weinstein film that might have a strong campaign is Macbeth, with Cotillard and Fassbender. I've learned today of that film, it has some great talent involved in it, and apparently the preview got great responses at last Cannes.

Yeah, but I don't think Shakespeare plays that well with the Academy...... 

But I think Carol's probably the frontrunner at this point, but that probs means that it'll fail lol. Still think Blanchett gets in anyways tho. 

And yeah this is probably Meryl's most interesting role since like Adaptation and I've got high hopes. It's got a great director and a great screenwriter and I think that it has potential to be a BP nominee if it hits it big a la the help, or maybe if they move the date, which I still think they will. 

Also I think Focus will do well this year. They have both The Danish Girl and the other film that htey picked up last week. I think TDG will do well cus Hooper, Redmayne, both Academy hot properties atm and like it's got the necessary gravitas and subject matter and it's LGBT centric, and like I can see this year especially with the supreme court hearing gay marriage in a few months being the year of the gays and whatnot and that being a central narrative that helps Focus sell the picture. 

• Like 1

The new Hollywood super couple you won t escape at the next Oscars :

Michael Fassbender and Alicia Vikander

There are in 5 possible oscar contenders movies and Vikander is being trashed by the AW community because she basically said that 3 of her movies could be oscar nominated. The Hunger is there, shooting a movie with two time oscar winner Balem probably changed her.

Alicia Vikander is in 7 movies this year. She s having the year Jessica Chastain had in 2011.

Nice for a sweedish girl.

I am not going to predict all of them, but I am going to list 3 surprises I think will get nominated and comeback here next year and see if I am right.

They are:

- Star Wars: The Force Awakens

- Inside Out

- In the Heart of the Sea

Let's see if any make it. :lol:

I really really hope you are right.

• Like 1

I really really hope you are right.

2 of the 3 are possible token blockbuster nods. Not likely given recent choices, but possible. 

Inside Out should be another critically acclaimed Pixar masterpiece, while Heart of the Sea is comparable to Life of Pi, Captain Phillips, etc as a more crowd-pleasing action drama. 

Star Wars Episode VII won't happen though. Empire Strikes Back and Jedi couldn't get nominated during a time period where Raiders, the original Star Wars and E.T. all got major Oscar nominations. Why would Episode VII in an era that frowns upon escapist tentpoles in terms of serious awards consideration? 

• Like 1

2 of the 3 are possible token blockbuster nods. Not likely given recent choices, but possible. 

Inside Out should be another critically acclaimed Pixar masterpiece, while Heart of the Sea is comparable to Life of Pi, Captain Phillips, etc as a more crowd-pleasing action drama. 

Star Wars Episode VII won't happen though. Empire Strikes Back and Jedi couldn't get nominated during a time period where Raiders, the original Star Wars and E.T. all got major Oscar nominations. Why would Episode VII in an era that frowns upon escapist tentpoles in terms of serious awards consideration? 

Nostalgia, original cast returning, enthusiasm, if it is really well received, critics have a soft spot for Star Wars- even the prequels had mixed to positive reviews. it also may play like avatar- groundbreaking visuals most likely, a star wars film has been nominated before, yes it's unlikely, but I'd say within the realm of possibility- wouldn't be completely shocked if AoU got one either-  Just like I have a strong feeling if CA: Civil War is as good as I think it will be I think it will get an BP nom next year.. yeah I know a bit wishful think and a long ways out still- but I just have that feeling about it. 

Edited by Kalo
  • Like 3

I know it sounds premature to say this without much info on The Good Dinosaur yet, but I feel like Inside Out should be the film Pixar really pushes to its success. I have a sinking feeling that all the production craziness on TGD may end up hampering the final product, and even if it doesn't, Inside Out is already building up a ton of good will.

Again, we need to see how the cards fall, but I think Pixar is going to play IO before TGD in this race.

• Like 1

Mad Max can pull some tech noms and wins but I dont think it can get much more than that. Oscars don't like action sequels and never really acknowledged the others.

I don't know this might be an exception. I think it could be eligible for all of these  

Best Picture

Best Director

Best Actress in a leading role - Charlize Theron 

Best Supporting Actor - Nicholas Hoult

Best Art Direction

Best Visual Effects 

Best Original Score

Best Make-up

Best Sound

Best Sound Editing 

Best Cinematography 

• Like 1

I don't know this might be an exception. I think it could be eligible for all of these

Best Picture

Best Director

Best Actress in a leading role - Charlize Theron

Best Supporting Actor - Nicholas Hoult

Best Art Direction

Best Visual Effects

Best Original Score

Best Make-up

Best Sound

Best Sound Editing

Best Cinematography

I could see all of the technical nods, Theron (Ala Weaver in Aliens), and possibly BP

I can't imagine they'd give it BD or Screenplay sadly