LexJoker

4-Day Wknd Est: AS - 105.3M, Pad - 25.2M, TWR - 24.5M,Taken 3 - 17.44M (pg 109)

Forgive me for being ignorant but is american football not on like all the time? Is there a big game or something?

Its the Playoff games and then the Superbowl 2 weeks after.

Superbowl is the game roughly 1/3 of America and Canada watches fully and almost half pay some attention to. 

Here in Canada my friends never really watch Football, but we always have a Superbowl party. 

Chips, nachos, beer and drinks, big sports game, what not have a party? 

Edited by Lordmandeep

Forgive me for being ignorant but is american football not on like all the time? Is there a big game or something?

I haven't seen it but yeah, if it was showing how awful he was then people would despise the movie as hating the military / soldiers or something.

Championship games are on today. 100M+ viewers so BO will be majorly effected.

• Like 1

I haven't seen it but yeah, if it was showing how awful he was then people would despise the movie as hating the military / soldiers or something.

The conference Championship games are on today, which are a big deal, yes

The 2 biggest highest rated games(after the Super Bowl) are on today. If you look at the history of box office the day before the MLK holiday, Sunday drops are the same as every other Sunday or sometimes worse. Some movies dropped 40%+ last year.

• Like 2

Film that got me on to box office forums was Return of The King in 2003.

2004 has Passion Shrek 2 and Spider Man 2.

2005 had the insane ROTS hype train, and Narnia vs Potter war.

2006 had the famous Kal El war between Superman and Pirates.

Fun times. 

Add KING KONG to 2005. Many had thought it would win December until NARNIA opened. lol

• Like 2

Championship games are on today. 100M+ viewers so BO will be majorly effected.

Holy shit, 100M viewers? That's like a third of your country.  :o

Its the Playoff games and then the Superbowl 2 weeks after.

Superbowl is the game roughly 1/3 of America and Canada watches fully and almost half pay some attention to. 

Here in Canada my friends never really watch Football, but we always have a Superbowl party. 

Chips, nachos, beer and drinks, big sports game, what not have a party? 

Yeah I know that Superbowl is a big thing, idk what playoff means though.

I can't think of anything worse than watching a sports game haha :)

• Like 1

Holy shit, 100M viewers? That's like a third of your country.  :o

Last year both games combined had over 105M viewers. 

Holy shit, 100M viewers? That's like a third of your country. :o

The playoffs are when the teams with the best records ( with exceptions but for the sake of this explanation I'm not going to go into that) face off against each other in order to get a spot in the Superbowl

• Like 1

Its rather hilarious...

It is like ten of us sitting with chips, black label, beers, nachos.

Superbowl is on.

Half of us are commenting on random observations (me :P ), other half is commenting on the game with our limited knowledge of American football. 

It is rather odd, ten years ago Superbowl passed and went in Canada, now its a huge deal. 

• Like 2

Holy shit, 100M viewers? That's like a third of your country. :o

The playoffs are when the teams with the best records ( with exceptions but for the sake of this explanation I'm not going to go into that) face off against each other in order to get a spot in the Superbowl

In terms of popularity in Canada. 

Superbowl is ahead of Oscars, Canadian Football final, World Cup Soccer Final, Stanley Cup Hockey Final (unless Canadian team is in final).

So pretty much everything apart from Hockey. 

Olympic Hockey, we as a country get as patriotic like Americans  :lol:

Edited by Lordmandeep
  • Like 1

I must be an old man, it was Spiderman in 2002 for me. (was quite fitting that ten years after that historic weekend TA broke it again spectacularly like Spiderman did) 

I don't post here very often, but I started following box office numbers around the time that Titanic released. I can't remember if Titanic specifically got me into the hobby, or if that is just the earliest notable film I remember following, but it was during high school before Mojo existed. 

EDIT: Actually, it must have been before that, because I remember The Lost World breaking the OW record earlier in 1997. 

Edited by kswiston
  • Like 2

In terms of popularity in Canada. 

Superbowl is ahead of Oscars, Canadian Football final, World Cup Soccer Final, Stanley Cup Hockey Final (unless Canadian team is in final).

So pretty much everything apart from Hockey. 

Olympic Hockey, we as a country get as patriotic like Americans  :lol:

More Canadians actually care about the Stanley cup though. Many of the people I have been with during superbowl parties care more about the commercials and the half-time show than the game.