LexJoker

4-Day Wknd Est: AS - 105.3M, Pad - 25.2M, TWR - 24.5M,Taken 3 - 17.44M (pg 109)

This weekend was destined to be a money maker, it was very diverse. An R-rated drama, R-rated comedy, PG rated family film, 2 PG13 action thrillers, a PG13 history drama, and a cheap ass horror. A little something for everyone. Weekends like this always do well.

Not exactly. Last year, Blank's favorite movie "The Nut Job" opened with 4.8M Friday and managed a 25M 4 day weekend. A 6M Friday could give Paddington 32M over the 4 days.

Which would make 100m very likely if the WOM even remotely matches the critics. Not bad at all for a movie that not long ago looked like one of the most surefire upcoming flops.

Which would make 100m very likely if the WOM even remotely matches the critics. Not bad at all for a movie that not long ago looked like one of the most surefire upcoming flops.

I sure as heck didn't expect to be pulling for it to do well

• Like 1

6M would be great for Paddington today, given the Saturday and Monday bumps it should get.

Besides it's not a particularly high budgeted film and it's already doing good number overseas. 32m over the 4-day weekend would be great.

Besides it's not a particularly high budgeted film and it's already doing good number overseas. 32m over the 4-day weekend would be great.

Yeah, but it'd be nice to have some reassurance that Americans are willing to watch non-period British films.

WTF?? American Sniper's number is out of this world.

I'll never understand middle America. Apparently the real-life Chris Kyle was a racist douchebag, seems kind of wrong that he's being touted as some hero now.

From what I hear they really gloss over that in the film

• Like 1

WTF?? American Sniper's number is out of this world.

I'll never understand middle America. Apparently the real-life Chris Kyle was a racist douchebag, seems kind of wrong that he's being touted as some hero now.

It doing well all over America. Pus the film doesn't protray him as a racist douchebag