kayumanggi

TED II | 135.2 M overseas | 216.7 M worldwide

Universal's Release Date Report 

6.24 Trinidad

6.25 Albania, Australia, Croatia, Germany, Hong Kong, Israel, Italy, South Korea, Luxembourg, Macedonia, Malaysia, Portugal, Russia, Serbia & Montenegro, Slovenia, Switzerland, Ukraine

6.26 Austria, Bulgaria, Estonia, Iceland, Latvia, Lithuania, Romania, South Africa, Taiwan

• Like 1

Ted 2 not starting well in australia either.

0.75m OD - probably looking at best (due to school holidays starting sat) an OW of 4m to 5m. (in AUD which will mean about 3m to 4m USD)

Ted opened with 8.7m back in 2012 after a weekend of previews of 4.4m the weekend before (ie. over 13m after the first weekend.  It went onto make 35m which is what is made in both AUD and USD (thanks to the great exchange rate it saw back then).  At this point, I'd say Ted 2 will be lucky to make half in AUD in australia let alone in USD...  so i'd say from Australia Ted 2 will get about a 60% drop from the original.  Going to make it very hard to make 200m OS if this kind of drop off happens elsewhere.

• Like 1

Ted 2 not starting well in australia either.

0.75m OD - probably looking at best (due to school holidays starting sat) an OW of 4m to 5m. (in AUD which will mean about 3m to 4m USD)

Ted opened with 8.7m back in 2012 after a weekend of previews of 4.4m the weekend before (ie. over 13m after the first weekend.  It went onto make 35m which is what is made in both AUD and USD (thanks to the great exchange rate it saw back then).  At this point, I'd say Ted 2 will be lucky to make half in AUD in australia let alone in USD...  so i'd say from Australia Ted 2 will get about a 60% drop from the original.  Going to make it very hard to make 200m OS if this kind of drop off happens elsewhere.

Like Russia...

Ted did $17m and Ted 2 could make $7-$8m.

Edited by efialtes76

Like Russia...

Ted did $17m and Ted 2 could make $7-$8m.

not a good sign so far at all.  The trouble is for me, Ted 2 has a been there done that feel from the marketing in Australia.  I'm sure it will be enjoyable enough... it just doesn't scream come and see it in cinemas to me.