luna

James Cameron

4 hours ago, chasmmi said:

I am going to risk a genuine question here. If it were up to you what would you most want to be releasing in December 2020?

a) The first of the Avatar odyssey that is actually happening. 

b) A sequel/sequels to one of this his previous films (True Lies 2, Terminator 3 Redux or whatever)

c) Cameron playing in somebody elses universe (State whether that be Marvel, Star Wars, Bond or whatever)

d) Something completely new and original. 

I assume the loonier of you would believe that even if he suddenly announced himself as director of Emoji Movie 2: Emojis in the Jungle, it is now nailed on to be the greatest film of the next few years, you can't wimp out and just say whatever he wants to make is what you want to see :) 

Personally, the 3 Avatar Movies may be great, they may not be. But I still think that something more in the old Terminator /Aliens mould (be it sequels to those or something new) would be more exciting to me. 

Is it too late to have James make Alita and hand over Avatar to Riccardo? :) 

I’d personally like to see him do the Hiroshima movie he mentioned post-Avatar.

Then again, I don’t know if he’d be the best director for that.  You couldn’t romanticize Hiroshima the same way he romanticized Titanic.  That’s something you’d have to do with a lot of restraint and respect, but then again that’s why it’d be one of the more interesting things he could do.

He’s a great director, with a wide vision.  I’d think a more serious historical drama could really help him hone in on his craft in the same way Schindler’s List honed in Spielberg’s.

• Like 1