kayumanggi

STAR WARS: THE FORCE AWAKENS | 1131.6 M overseas | 2068.2 M worldwide

2 hours ago, The Good Olive said:

Based on early trends, 300M OS opening is locked,could be close to 320M...

Previous record is Jurassic World's 315M, and that included $90M from China..

Next was HP7P2's 314M, also without China like EP7.

But with better exchange rates...

1 minute ago, keysersoze123 said:

Its breaking out huge in several markets like UK( 40m-50 OW?), FR(20-25m?), DE(30-35m?), JP(15m), AU( 25m?) Spain(15m?) Italy( 15m?). 300m is locked as its opening in most markets. May be even 350m!!!.

Spain 15m?

That's impossible.

5 minutes ago, keysersoze123 said:

Its all in $. How abt 10m?

efialtes is right. $15m in Spain with current exchange rates is quite difficult. Applying average ticket price it would be needed nearly 2 million admissions. To put into perspective, ROTS opened to 1.15 million. 3D should increase a bit but I think $10m could be more reasonable (it would already mean OW record, or at least very close).

Another thing to consider is that on Sunday we have general elections (we choose new government). And the expectation is extreme, quite higher than in other past elections. This could affect.

• Like 2

In Mexico is gonna break if not the Opening Weekend, at least the opening day. How can i upload a photo of the lobby of the Movie Theater? I have no words to describe it, my movie theather was f...ing packed!!!! IT WAS INSANE!!!!! I like to go to the midnight showings a lot, but this one is by a looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooong shot, the one with more people in it. Easily more than twice of the people that went to see Age of Ultron or Deathly Hallows II. 

• Like 2