kayumanggi

STAR WARS: THE FORCE AWAKENS | 1131.6 M overseas | 2068.2 M worldwide

My biggest concerning for this is Japan. For Episode 3, it was the biggest OS market with $82m, but we have already seen what happen with Hollywood releases there. The bext example is Hobbit, which has plummeted relative to LOTR. And on the other side, we have to know what can this do in China. In 2005, it was the 2nd biggest Hollywood release ($9m), behind HP4 ($11m). Pretty similar numbers, which already were similar to LOTR. In that way, I think that the amount that TH3 can make now will be a good reference for this. Maybe a bit more, since it will be (maybe) released within 1 year.

I had this a bit lower than LOTR and HP. Hobbit has disappointed because of mixed reviews and DH2 reached $960m. For those reasons I had this at $800-$850m, but with exchange rates drop and maybe anticipating a big drop in Japan, I have to low it to about $700m. Of course, I asume it will be a good film, better than prequels (but not necessarily as better as original trilogy). If it is a bad film, it can land quite lower.

Edited by peludo
  • Like 1

dollar to euro is at 1.12 now. If this continues euro will be worth less than dollar. Plus dollar is appreciating against most currencies. I am predicting 500m OS minus china. China could do 200m and 700M OS total.

Exchange rates just become worse than expected.

well I am bit more optimistic :

OS - 850 without China

China - 320+ (better then Transformers..)

DOM - this will do at least 500-550mil ! that's the bottom, considering how much EP1-3 did adjusted to inflation, plus this will have 3D and IMAX

so 850+320+550 = 1720mil. ! :)

Marek

Edited by Marek the Jedi
  • Like 1