kayumanggi

STAR WARS: THE FORCE AWAKENS | 1131.6 M overseas | 2068.2 M worldwide

So a lot of you guys think this could reach more than 2.2 billion in total?  I mean, even if China does around 150 mill, that should put it at a minimum of 1.2 billion internationally.  So the floor at this point, from the way I see it, is about 2.2 billion.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Renaud originel said:

here's the international admissions of Star wars vs Titanic vs Avatar showdowns updated

I think TFA looks like the Phantom menace box office in Europe. I went to the cinema yesterday and it was sold out again for Star Wars ( but it's the top of parisian cinema in admissions- In Paris there are 3 main theaters for admissions). In France the goal to break the record for the Star Wars franchise is reached it's a smash hit.

In Germany the goal is to reach the score of the Phantom Menace...

In England it's possible to do better. Spain will be far from the phantom menace but the spanish market has collapsed since 1999. In Italy it's the same but TFA do very much better than the phantom menace.

http://www.boxofficestory.com/news-cinema-c25607670

I do not think TFA will be so far from TPM in Spain. It has already sold 2.7 million admissions and holidays will end here on January 6th. Maybe it will not reach the 6.2 million figure of TPM, but I think 5 million are doable, probably more. That would mean to end about 32-33 million euros, 6th-7th biggest grosser ever (on par to ROTK), and 8-9 million euros more than TPM, biggest Star Wars grosser here. Maybe this is not a record like in US, UK or Australia, but, taking into account the size of the market would mean more than $600m in US.

• Like 1

More from Forbes: The film is still killing it overseas as well, with a new total of $1.228 billion worldwide, between Iron Man 3 ($1.215b) and Frozen ($1.276b) to be the 9th biggest movie ever globally

And from Exhibitor Relations: $29.5M domestically on Tuesday, $37.7M overseas. UK ($116M) GER ($66M) FRA ($56M) OZ ($42M) JPN ($37M) ESP ($22M) MEX ($21M) ITA ($21M).

Edited by Purple Minion
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Purple Minion said:

More from Forbes: The film is still killing it overseas as well, with a new total of $1.228 billion worldwide, between Iron Man 3 ($1.215b) and Frozen ($1.276b) to be the 9th biggest movie ever globally

And from Exhibitor Relations: $29.5M domestically on Tuesday, $37.7M overseas. UK ($116M) GER ($66M) FRA ($56M) OZ ($42M) JPN ($37M) ESP ($22M) MEX ($21M) ITA ($21M).

"In individual markets, SW is showing strong daily increases. The Top 5 added 6.3%-8.9% to their total grosses from Monday to Tuesday: the UK ($115.9M/+7.9%), Germany ($65.9M/+8.3%), France ($56M/+8.9%), Australia ($42M/+6.3%) and Japan ($37.2M/+8.8%)."

http://deadline.com/2015/12/star-wars-tuesday-overseas-box-office-results-1201674088/

On 12/27/2015 at 11:50 AM, tyrannyreborn said:

Yep, everything's ok (for now). And you?

Tyranny I must say it's nice to see you back. You were one of my fav posters on BOM back in the day, you were one of the first to fashioned the term "extrapolate" when analyzing boxoffice data. I hope you are well. 

• Like 3

State as of Dec 29th

$115,9M UK
$65,9M Germany
$56,0M France
$42,0M Australia
$37,2M Japan
$22,1M Spain
$21,5M Mexico
$21,1M Italy
$19,4M S.Korea
$18,9M Russia
$17,8M Brazil
$12,5M Sweden
$10,9M Poland

TFA obv remains a beast in English speaking territories. Europe ain't far too.

Edited by Ajde
  • Like 4