kayumanggi

STAR WARS: THE FORCE AWAKENS | 1131.6 M overseas | 2068.2 M worldwide

well I am bit more optimistic :

OS - 850 without China

China - 320+ (better then Transformers..)

DOM - this will do at least 500-550mil ! that's the bottom, considering how much EP1-3 did adjusted to inflation, plus this will have 3D and IMAX

so 850+320+550 = 1720mil. ! :)

Marek

Right now, I do not see going that high.

UK will be $75M minimum... 

75M would be extremely disappointing. I say 100M+. Remember Phantom Menace did $82M back in 1999.

BS.

150+

That would be insane, possible but very unlikely.

• Like 1

Its not possible. It would have been possible when the exchange rate was better back in 2007/8. Now £60m, which is a reasonable expectation for SW7, would only be $95m.

either way sw7 will be huge in the UK Star wars always is could even beat bond for the year!

I think this movie is a wild card. Everything is leading us to believe that this will be a massive thing. The Convention in April, ComicCon in July, the Disney expo that happened a few weeks ago, every photo or every tiny bit of information related to this movie has been completely covered by the media. It truly feels like this is gonna be an event. 

The Imax is gonna be exclusive of Star Wars for four weeks at least in NA, i really thing that this film have a big chance to improve the attendance of the prequels. Everybody is having the idea that Star Wars is not a big draw overseas. But now times are different, from quantum of solace to Skyfall the overseas grosses increased almost twice.  Fast and Furious Franchise has been increasing each time.

The Force Awakens have now the plus of 3D, IMAX, Old Cast returning with a tons of nostalgia, besides its december, it doesnt have a lot of competition. I say this film can make more than 825 million overseas (Without China). And depending on China this film can crack 1.1 billion overseas. 

• Like 1