kayumanggi

STAR WARS: THE FORCE AWAKENS | 1131.6 M overseas | 2068.2 M worldwide

7 minutes ago, kayumanggi said:

TITANIC in Japan and Brazil!

Russia is a big wtf. lol

Titanic's gross in China is over 190m. It made 145m in it's 3D rerelease. Actually, all the numbers are wrong because they don't clude the 3D rerelease. Titanic made an additional 13m in Russia for example.

Edited by James
  • Like 1

TFA Thursday: $22.93M in US ($651.97M total); $15.1M OS ($679.2M total); $1.331B global.

OS was initially over-estimated.

Forbes:  In terms of worldwide totals, the film brought its global cume up to $1.331.2 billion, still around $14m away from Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows part 2 ($1.341b). It will top said film today to become the seventh-biggest global grosser. Next up, and this could happen tomorrow if not today, is surpassing the $1.4b global cume of Marvel’s Avengers: Age of Ultron, after which it crosses Furious 7 ($1.515b), The Avengers ($1.519b), and Jurassic World ($1.669b). Jurassic World‘s cume will have to wait until next week, after which it’s all about whether it get score big enough in China to top Titanic ($2.186b).

http://www.forbes.com/sites/scottmendelson/2016/01/01/star-wars-the-force-awakens-box-office-652m-in-two-weeks-1-331b-worldwide/

Edited by Purple Minion
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, James said:

Titanic's gross in China is over 190m. It made 145m in it's 3D rerelease. Actually, all the numbers are wrong because they don't clude the 3D rerelease. Titanic made an additional 13m in Russia for example.

But is the overseas total correct?

I thought I had read the 30M OS Thursday estimate on Deadline, but cannot find it now. My bad, I may have mixed it up.

Exhibitor Relations: STAR WARS Int'l: UK ($129M) GER ($71M) FRA ($60M) OZ ($45M) JPN ($43M) ESP ($23M) ITA ($22M) MEX ($22M) KOR ($20M) RUS ($19M) BRZ ($18M).

11 minutes ago, kayumanggi said:

Yes please and whatever helpful numbers you have. Thanks a lot!

Australia:$46.1m
Brazil:$75.6m
China:$194m
France:$139.7m
Germany:$139.9m
Italy:$78.8m
Japan:$206.3m
Russia:$18.5m
South Korea:$21.2m
Spain:$48.9m
United Kingdom:$132.1m

Total:$1528.1m

Except for china and russia, the other markets seems did not get a huge bump from 3D re-release.........

Edited by titanic2187

4 minutes ago, #ED2-D2 said:

We're expecting 130M OS? Isn't that almost an increase.

I dunno about $130m but it should have a very good hold. I'm thinking $100m - $120m. Movies usually do very well on the last weekend of the year (or first weekend of next year).