Germany:$139.9m
Italy:$78.8m
Japan:$206.3m
Russia:$18.5m
South Korea:$21.2m
Spain:$48.9m
United Kingdom:$132.1m

Total:$1528.1m

Except for china and russia, the other markets seems did not get a huge bump from 3D re-release.........

These are the overall totals, right?

AVATAR also had a re-release but the Malaysian number seems wrong. It made 8 M during the re-release. However, it only made 7 M plus during the initial run.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, kayumanggi said:

These are the overall totals, right?

AVATAR also had a re-release but the Malaysian number seems wrong. It made 8 M during the re-release. However, it only made 7 M plus during the initial run.

ya,you're right, the total for avatar in malaysia would be 8.44m (7.7m initial +0.74m from rerelease)

1 minute ago, kayumanggi said:

So the 22 M from the re-release is wrong, right?

no,malaysia's market is way too small for that kind of number, no movie ever made above $20m, let alone $22m via re release somemore

Edited by titanic2187

1 minute ago, titanic2187 said:

no,malaysia's market is way too small for that kind of number

I mean the 22 M number for AVATAR's re-release. If we remove that 7.7 M from Malaysia, the total for the re-release overseas should only be 14 M plus or it's just Malaysia's number that is wrong and that 22 M is correct.

5 minutes ago, kayumanggi said:

I mean the 22 M number for AVATAR's re-release. If we remove that 7.7 M from Malaysia, the total for the re-release overseas should only be 14 M plus or it's just Malaysia's number that is wrong and that 22 M is correct.

avatar did made 22M through re-release, that is true, avatar re-release only made $0.74m in malaysia, that $7.7m was the figure from its INITIAL release.

I don't know why BOM ends up adding up both version for Malaysia, it should been 0.74m instead of $8.44m 

Avatar's would still made $22m from rerelease even deduct that $7.7m ,  BOM has said that, territories Tracked is the number of territories with reported box office results and does not necessarily represent all countries a movie may have played in. As a result, individual coutnries breakdowns may not add up to the total Overseas Total gross.

Edited by titanic2187

11 minutes ago, kayumanggi said:

Here!

avatar_star_wars_the_force_awakens_titan

Very nice chart.

Regarding the overseas figures, the BO from the UK and Australia are truly massive so far, and are probably higher as a percentage of BO gross per population, as i had shown in an earlier post, than the N.American gross.

There will still be a lot of dosh to be made from these markets, together with some decent earnings from Germany, France & Japan..............but for the film to reach Avatar levels, its gonna need China to come up really big, and i mean big. The huge N.American gross will not be enough in itself.

• Like 2

Yeah, it really shows the influence of the movies in the "English speaking countries." Also, the STAR WARS brand has always been described as relatively unknown in China but I think that has already changed. We'll see in a few days.

11 hours ago, Ajde said:

Updated chart.

$129,4M UK
$71,4M Germany
$60,6M France
$45,5M Australia
$42,9M Japan
$23,7M Spain
$22,5M Italy
$22,4M Mexico
$19,9M South Korea
$19,4M Russia
$18,7M Brazil
$13,3M Sweden
$11,4M Poland

Some hefty increases even though New Year's Eve isn't a typical go to the movies kind of day with lost of theaters closed or operating partially on that day.

• Like 1