Jump to content
kayumanggi

STAR WARS: THE FORCE AWAKENS | 1131.6 M overseas | 2068.2 M worldwide

Recommended Posts

$2B WW here we go! Think it could make $170M this weekend and reach $1.5B buy Sunday.

 

Deadline: Early Friday PM industry figures show Disney’s Star Wars: The Force Awakens making $35M today, raising its cume through 15 days to $687M. What does this mean? It means that Force Awakens bypassed the No. 2 and No. 3 all-time domestic grossing titles  Titanic ($658.7M) and Jurassic World ($652.27M) in the same day. By end of Sunday, Force Awakens’ total will stand at $744.8M, just $15.7M short of Avatar‘s all-time domestic record of $760.5M. Should these figures hold up, this would put Force Awakens in a position to own the all-time crown by end of Monday. Worst case scenario – Tuesday.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Purple Minion said:

$2B WW here we go! Think it could make $170M this weekend and reach $1.5B buy Sunday.

 

Deadline: Early Friday PM industry figures show Disney’s Star Wars: The Force Awakens making $35M today, raising its cume through 15 days to $687M. What does this mean? It means that Force Awakens bypassed the No. 2 and No. 3 all-time domestic grossing titles  Titanic ($658.7M) and Jurassic World ($652.27M) in the same day. By end of Sunday, Force Awakens’ total will stand at $744.8M, just $15.7M short of Avatar‘s all-time domestic record of $760.5M. Should these figures hold up, this would put Force Awakens in a position to own the all-time crown by end of Monday. Worst case scenario – Tuesday.

$170M OS+US? (Would be very dissapointing) Or OS only? (Would be phenomenal)

Link to post
Share on other sites

Star Wars Admissions

 

FRANCE : 6 803 351
MEXIQUE : 6 721 557
ALLEMAGNE : 4 430 334
RUSSIE : 3 986 666
BRESIL : 3 706 423
ESPAGNE : 2 739 624
ITALIE : 2 565 015
COREE DU SUD : 2 500 180
MALAISIE : 1 556 550
JAPON : 1 044 330
COLOMBIE : 980 634
PEROU : 972 302
INDONESIE : 752 857
ARGENTINE : 723 308
SUEDE : 694 864
CHILI : 683 668
TURQUIE : 666 768
HONGRIE : 650 625
SINGAPOUR : 591 426
THAILANDE : 568 210
HONG-KONG : 529 262
VENEZUELA : 438 541
DANEMARK : 432 024
AUTRICHE : 426 499
NORVEGE : 403 285
FINLANDE : 347 707
PORTUGAL : 334 736
COSTA RICA : 244 292
REPUBLIQUE TCHECUE : 237 409
BOLIVIE : 170 826
GUATEMALA : 161 627
ISRAEL : 150 285
PANAMA : 148 073
GRECE : 137 128
CROATIE : 134 657
SAN SALVADOR : 114 158
REPUBLIQUE SLOVAQUE : 110 697

  • Like 9
Link to post
Share on other sites

Forbes

 

With around $34.46 million on Friday, a drop of just 29% from last Friday, Star Wars: The Force Awakens has now earned $686.4 million in America, putting it past Jurassic World ($652.2m) and Titanic ($658.6m) to become the second-biggest grossing movie of all time in America.

 

Oh, and in terms of overseas numbers, I don’t have the foreign numbers yet but it most certainly passed the $1.341 billion global cume of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows part 2 and probably the $1.405b cume of Avengers: Age of Ultron.

 

http://www.forbes.com/sites/scottmendelson/2016/01/02/star-wars-the-force-awakens-tops-titanic-in-us-harry-potter-worldwide/

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Purple Minion said:

So about $25M OS on Friday. @Aristis: The $170M weekend estimate is worldwide, US + OS.

 


Avatar made $68.5m + $136.3m so ~$204.8 on the 3rd weekend.


Avatar seems to be really outpacing TFA OS unless my numbers are wrong.

 

Avatar 3rd weekend OS: $136.3m

TFA 3rd weekend OS: ~$75m

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Renaud originel said:

Star Wars Admissions

 

FRANCE : 6 803 351
MEXIQUE : 6 721 557
ALLEMAGNE : 4 430 334
RUSSIE : 3 986 666
BRESIL : 3 706 423
ESPAGNE : 2 739 624
ITALIE : 2 565 015
COREE DU SUD : 2 500 180
MALAISIE : 1 556 550
JAPON : 1 044 330
COLOMBIE : 980 634
PEROU : 972 302
INDONESIE : 752 857
ARGENTINE : 723 308
SUEDE : 694 864
CHILI : 683 668
TURQUIE : 666 768
HONGRIE : 650 625
SINGAPOUR : 591 426
THAILANDE : 568 210
HONG-KONG : 529 262
VENEZUELA : 438 541
DANEMARK : 432 024
AUTRICHE : 426 499
NORVEGE : 403 285
FINLANDE : 347 707
PORTUGAL : 334 736
COSTA RICA : 244 292
REPUBLIQUE TCHECUE : 237 409
BOLIVIE : 170 826
GUATEMALA : 161 627
ISRAEL : 150 285
PANAMA : 148 073
GRECE : 137 128
CROATIE : 134 657
SAN SALVADOR : 114 158
REPUBLIQUE SLOVAQUE : 110 697

Poland over 2 mln adm (Disney reports that) for sure but last known number by me is after last weekend - 1 555 916

Link to post
Share on other sites

Some totals in USD up to 1/1/2016, as per Mojo:

   

United Kingdom: 133,500,000

Germany: 73,900,000

France: 61,400,000

Australia: 47,100,000

Japan: 46,100,000

Spain: 24,700,000

Italy: 23,300,000

Mexico: 23,100,000

South Korea: 21,800,000

Russia: 20,300,000

Brazil: 19,100,000

Sweden: 13,800,000

Poland: 11,600,000

Netherlands: 10,200,000

 

Edited by Purple Minion
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Purple Minion said:

Some totals in USD up to 1/1/2016, as per Mojo:

   

United Kingdom: 133,500,000

Germany: 73,900,000

France: 61,400,000

Australia: 47,100,000

Japan: 46,100,000

Spain: 24,700,000

Italy: 23,300,000

Mexico: 23,100,000

South Korea: 21,800,000

Russia: 20,300,000

Brazil: 19,100,000

Sweden: 13,800,000

Poland: 11,600,000

Netherlands: 10,200,000

 


You got one for all recorded Asian countries? : )

 

nevermind sorry they're not available are they.

Edited by IronJimbo
Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, Purple Minion said:

So about $25M OS on Friday. @Aristis: The $170M weekend estimate is worldwide, US + OS.

 

Only OS would have been great... But impossible though. So $80M OS? Wouldn't be that great. But it had a huge week so it's ok :)

Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, jb007 said:

OS gross on Christmas day was $27m and the weekend gross was $136m. It will do at least $100+ this weekend OS.

Sent from my ASUS_Z011D using Tapatalk

So more like $190mio - $200mio OS+US?

Link to post
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, jb007 said:

OS gross on Christmas day was $27m and the weekend gross was $136m. It will do at least $100+ this weekend OS.

Sent from my ASUS_Z011D using Tapatalk

So more like $190mio - $200mio OS+US?

Sounds right.

Sent from my ASUS_Z011D using Tapatalk

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

The U.K. leads overseas with $133.5 million, one of the best showings of all time, followed by Germany ($73.9 million), France ($61.4 million), Australia ($47.1 million), Japan ($46.1 million), Spain ($24.7 million), Italy ($23.3 million) and Mexico (23.1 million). It's not seeing the same big numbers in some parts of Asia, such as South Korea ($21.8 million). However, Force Awakens is counting on being a huge player in China, where it rolls out Jan. 9.

 

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/box-office-star-wars-rings-851635?utm_source=twitter

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.




×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Guidelines. Feel free to read our Privacy Policy as well.