kayumanggi

STAR WARS: THE FORCE AWAKENS | 1131.6 M overseas | 2068.2 M worldwide

I'm a little late to the party here but it's not possible that there are 2 billion in presales.  That would mean the film is on pace to do about 4 billion.  I mean, come on....

Presales are on Par with Jurassic World in SK, JW made 5.5M ad missions.

EP3 should make at least 4M+($26M+), EP3 only made 1.5M($10M).

160%~200% increase in dollars is very likely in SK.

Edited by The Good Olive
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, KenterKane said:

:S Very Bad Taste. Let´s Hope that Japan & China make it count for Asia. 

Yeah, let's go ahead and insult the audiences of entire nations by saying they have bad taste just because they won't make a significant contribution to your preferred movies.

• Like 2

Furious 7 did $60m its first Wed and Thurs, then it ended up with $250m 5-day OS opening (only major territories it didn't have were Russia, Poland, China, Japan).

JW did $65.6m Wed and Thurs + $250m FSS overseas, and about $220m without China for its 5-day opening (only major territory lacking was Japan).

I think Ep7's opening will be more front loaded.  More like 90 WTh + 180 FSS, or something along those lines.

2 hours ago, KenterKane said:

:S Very Bad Taste. Let´s Hope that Japan & China make it count for Asia. 

Ya, that's why Nolan's BATMAN movies, Spiderman movies, MCU movies, HP movies, Avatar, gravity, life of pi, inception, interstellar, the martian etc were huge hits at the Indian boxoffice.

America, China and many other countries turn Transformers movies into giant hits, so do they have poor taste as well?

Dipl Eng Kalin Kamenov а.к.а. heinrich (something hapent with my registration)...

Like I said before:
Over 120 OD
Over 260 OW

Over 850 DOM (possibility of 1 billion)
Over 3 billion WW (possibility of 3,5 billion)
Over 500 in China... maybe ;)

Edited by Dipl Eng Kalin Kamenov

43 minutes ago, Dipl Eng Kalin Kamenov said:

Dipl Eng Kalin Kamenov а.к.а. heinrich (something hapent with my registration)...

Like I said before:
Over 120 OD
Over 260 OW

Over 850 DOM (possibility of 1 billion)
Over 3 billion WW (possibility of 3,5 billion)
Over 500 in China... maybe ;)

Agreed with the 3 first figures. The other two are, at very least, very risky predictions. I would say close to impossible. You should be fine with $150m in China.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, peludo said:

Agreed with the 3 first figures. The other two are, at very least, very risky predictions. I would say close to impossible. You should be fine with $150m in China.

Yes. I agree with you for China is too risky, but will see. And I highly doubt on China to make so much money, but not impossible .... and so I wrote maybe. Hayp and nostalgia and the rest of the world is understandable, but particularly to China is quite difficult to predict because of the reason that when the original trilogy came out China had no market. And just because it does not know how many Chinese fall for Star Wars. But assuming that fall as much as in the US, then the figure is not impossible.Is not impossible, but like I said. maybe ;) 

Edited by Dipl Eng Kalin Kamenov
  • Like 1