kayumanggi

MISSION: IMPOSSIBLE - ROGUE NATION | 487.7 M overseas ● 682.7 M worldwide

The Chinese audience lapped up MI4 as it was pretty much entertaining without any boring moments but MI5 had serious tone (too an extent) and may be thats the reason why it grossed less than expected.

Nevertheless its Decent total. 

Yea, i expected this to break records DOM and OS considering MI4 reception. But kinda surprising it declined domestically by 10% and stayed flat OS or increased by small margin if we consider its OS gross as 505m.

I seriously hope MI6 turns out to be a juggernaut in markets like China, Japan and South Korea. Especially Japan and SK, MI4 had more than 100m+ gross in these 2 markets whereas MI5 dropped by 20-30% grossing 80m+. 

23 hours ago, John Rambo said:

The Chinese audience lapped up MI4 as it was pretty much entertaining without any boring moments but MI5 had serious tone (too an extent) and may be thats the reason why it grossed less than expected.

Nevertheless its Decent total. 

Yea, i expected this to break records DOM and OS considering MI4 reception. But kinda surprising it declined domestically by 10% and stayed flat OS or increased by small margin if we consider its OS gross as 505m.

I seriously hope MI6 turns out to be a juggernaut in markets like China, Japan and South Korea. Especially Japan and SK, MI4 had more than 100m+ gross in these 2 markets whereas MI5 dropped by 20-30% grossing 80m+. 

Don't forget that the next MI-film will be the first film in the franchise to be in 3D.

• Like 2