kayumanggi

MISSION: IMPOSSIBLE - ROGUE NATION | 487.7 M overseas ● 682.7 M worldwide

MI:RN opened well in pakistan and topped the boxoffice for last weekend...it grossed around 3.1cr in pakistan Rupees and week 1 around 5cr(guesstimate) 

So the final fig for weekend is US$ would be around 325k (on par with jurassic world) week 1 will be around 450-500k. Easily one of the top holly openers in Pakistan this year

Edited by John Rambo

When you mean all time high, I am assuming its in lc. Do you know in how many markets its a record in $ number.

No idea coz variety and deadline mentioned it was all time high for cruise...so i assumed both in lc and $. they specifically dint mention lc or dollar....few core markets exception

Edited by John Rambo

MI:RN opened well in pakistan and topped the boxoffice for last weekend...it grossed around 3.1cr in pakistan Rupees and week 1 around 5cr(guesstimate) 

So the final fig for weekend is US$ would be around 325k (on par with jurassic world) week 1 will be around 450-500k. Easily one of the top holly openers in Pakistan this year

MI:RN has already crossed mi3 256k gross in pak....no idea abt MI4 figs no data found 

MI:5 does well today right from the morng shows many major centers down south chennai hyderabad registering fulls or 60-70% 

while all over the country MI5 opened to 35%(morng shows) better than all the releases again its showing its strength down south today as well many shows after 4 are full.Night shows are recording fulls mostly by presales 

Bangalore too opened well yesterday morng shows were avg today it was better than national avg of 35% and eveng shows nd night are full in all the plexes.

IMAX update : Bangalore 4/5 shows full.....1.30pm show was just 40-50% full (avg tix proce$7.05) Rs.450

Mumbai around 15 shows from 3 plexes and 6-7 fulls (tix price $3.92-$9.40) Rs.250-Rs.600

• Like 1

89million till when wednesday or thursday??? 

Yea am thinking the same question. I think till Wed.

The article was posted on Friday morning UK time (which is Thursday night Hollywood time) so I don't think they factored in Thurs grossed.

• Like 2

Yea am thinking the same question. I think till Wed.

The article was posted on Friday morning UK time (which is Thursday night Hollywood time) so I don't think they factored in Thurs grossed.

Yea i was thinking of 100m till thursday coz its release in russia on thursday and wednesday in indonesia 

89million till when wednesday or thursday??? 

I'm wondering too but I also think it's till Wednesday. The Screendaily article says "it coaxed 89.4M from around 40 territories and infiltrates Germany, Russia, Spain and Japan...". Rentrak listed 41 countries last weekend. So I'm sure they did at least not include the Thursday numbers from the new territories.

First weekend trend via insidekino.de for Germany is 325k. Could be a bit better but its not bad either if you consider the perfect summer weather which we still have here. WOM seems to be good too.

• Like 1

MI5 presales are good all over south india many centers registering Housefulls from the morning shows....Hyderabad has taken a hit coz a local biggie released yesterday but its still doing really well for a 2nd spot, Chennai is fab all the plexes are full with many playing MI5 in biggest screens, Bangalore too picked up morning shows have been more than 60% some registering fulls shows after 1-2pm are mostly full :) 

Bangalore IMAX 5/5 fulls presales are very good for tomorrow as well! 

Mumbai IMAX(3 THEATERS) 15 shows expecting 8-9 fulls based on presales as of now may increase in evening.

Rest of India it has shown good growth in all the centers yesterday morng shows were avg today its 70-80%..Among dubbed versions it was released in 3 languages Telugu Tamil and Hindi.... Telugu version of MI5 has taken a hit due to release of local biggie(Srimanthudu) in telugu speaking states while tamil verion of mi5 has done well a prominent multiplex in chennai has given 2 shows in its biggest screen both the shows were Housefull by presales mostly....No idea about Hindi version of MI...no competition should have opened well 

How much GP did business in India..$10m?

Boxofficeindia said it grossed 35crs which sums upto ($7m) other websites say 5m OW various websites say diff figs

Im sure it would have done close to 10m for sure it held well for 3-4 weeks in major cities 

Screendaily had an article of $5m ow...biggest opening ever for hollywood that time:

http://www.screendaily.com/news/box-office/ghost-protocol-scores-all-time-top-hollywood-launch-in-india/5035998.article

Don't think it would have done just $7m after $5m ow. But Kapoor was in GP and Cruise also visited India so it gave boost to GP...not expecting GP level opening.