kayumanggi

THE GOOD DINOSAUR | 209.1 M overseas | 332.2 M worldwide

"I’m cautioned by rival distributors that it’s early to call this dinosaur extinct, despite some reports to the contrary. It’s particularly important that Australia, Japan and Brazil are still to come. The southern hemisphere markets will be on summer vacation when the Peter Sohn-helmed film stomps into town while Japan has the same March release date as Frozen did two years ago and TGD is expected to play in that dino-loving market. China remains a question mark, however, with a release as-yet unconfirmed and that could mean a potential swing of about $40M with a final global take of anywhere from $385M-$425M, per our sources."

Source: Deadline

Guys I think given the impressive holds of this weekend and the holiday period coming up, there is no reason to be all gloomy. Yeah, I know, even $500M looks impossible, and anything below that is sh*t, but at least it's not a complete disaster. It will most likely make a profit.

I'd also like to point to this interesting perspective: http://variety.com/2015/film/box-office/good-dinosaur-box-office-1201655546/

Edited by quigquag33

It's sad that this movie is not doing good, but it's not a total flop. it's first Pixar failure (real failure), but every studio has one, sos I hope they cand get better films in the future. Marketing for this film fail but the film also fail, it's not as enjoyable ad other. I like it but i wont recomend it to friends as i strongly did with Inside Out, an amazing film. I'm waiting for Finding Dory so hard!

The Good Dinosaur brought in $9.2 million from 48 territories in its fourth weekend of release. The UK continues to lead overseas markets with a $12 million cume, followed by Mexico ($10.5M), and France ($10M). The Pixar film has grossed a total of $93.1 million outside of North America and $189.6 million worldwide. Upcoming key markets include Australia (December 26), South Korea (January 7), Brazil (January 7), and Japan (March 12).

Source: BoxOffice.com

The Good Dinosaur grossed $1.8 million from its debut in Australia en route to an $8 million overseas frame from 51 territories. UK leads overseas markets with a $14.9 million total, followed by France ($12.8M), Mexico ($11.6M), Spain ($7.9M), Italy ($6.1M), Argentina ($6M), Russia ($5M), and Germany ($4.4M). South Korea and Brazil are yet to premiere and are schedule for January 7. The Good Dinosaur has grossed a total of $109 million overseas and $214.3 million worldwide.

So sad for this run :(

The Good Dinosaur grossed $9.5 million in its sixth weekend of overseas release from 54 territories. Many markets had strong holds including the UK/Ireland (+97%, $18.5M cume), Germany (+23%, $5.1M cume), Australia (+2%, $5.2M cume), France (-3%, $15.5M cume), Spain (-7%, $8.9M cume). Next weekend sees South Korea and Brazil openings and Japan will bow on March 12. The Good Dinosaur has grossed a total of $129.1 million overseas and $243.8 million worldwide.

25M+ holdovers

50M+ new markets

Maybe 330M+ WW?

• Like 1

Disney/Pixar's The Good Dinosaur rumbled into 5 new territories this weekend scoring $12.0 million and bringing the international total for the toon to $148.7 million. South Korea opened in first place with $3.3 million, while Brazil debuted on top with an estimated $2.7 million. The Good Dinosaur has grossed $266 million worldwide.

Not that bad after all

6 hours ago, PanaMovie said:

Disney/Pixar's The Good Dinosaur rumbled into 5 new territories this weekend scoring $12.0 million and bringing the international total for the toon to $148.7 million. South Korea opened in first place with $3.3 million, while Brazil debuted on top with an estimated $2.7 million. The Good Dinosaur has grossed $266 million worldwide.

Not that bad after all

Its still really bad IMO

'The Good Dinosaur' is nearing $300M. It's still got Japan and Hong Kong to go. Hopefully if it holds well in the countries where it was released in January and if it reaches a respectable total in Japan ($30-40M), maybe it can out-gross 'Home' ($386M). Deadline sources mentioned a projected total of $385M in early December, hopefully it can match that.

6 hours ago, quigquag33 said:

'The Good Dinosaur' is nearing $300M. It's still got Japan and Hong Kong to go. Hopefully if it holds well in the countries where it was released in January and if it reaches a respectable total in Japan ($30-40M), maybe it can out-gross 'Home' ($386M). Deadline sources mentioned a projected total of $385M in early December, hopefully it can match that.

It also has China - if it gets a release there.