grim22

Tuesday Numbers (Rth): Sniper 9.8M, Wedding Ringer 1.6M, Paddington and Taken 3 1M

And lets not forget something very interesting: American Sniper is online for free download for over 2 weeks now. It had 0 effect on the box office. Here almost everyone I know already saw it online and the movie only opens tomorrow.

• Like 2

I'm sure that because of how much news there has been on terrorist activity recently (stuff with ISIS, what happened in Paris etc.) that it has made people feel like they should go see this to support troops and such. I won't pretend to know how much this has affected the movie but I think that a lot of why this has blown up so big is because of how many extremist and terrorist events have been appearing in the news lately

• Like 1

I'm sure that because of how much news there has been on terrorist activity recently (stuff with ISIS, what happened in Paris etc.) that it has made people feel like they should go see this to support troops and such. I won't pretend to know how much this has affected the movie but I think that a lot of why this has blown up so big is because of how many extremist and terrorist events have been appearing in the news lately

Yeah, ISIS in the news everyday, you had also attacks in Australia a few months ago too, of course, the recent Paris tragic events, lots of bad shit happening all over the world right now

Birdman had a decent Finnish opening last weekend. My screening was nearly sold out. Should have good Oscar-legs.

I'm sure everyone who worked on the film are constantly refreshing the finnish box office page on BOM to see how well it's doing there.

Birdman had a decent Finnish opening last weekend. My screening was nearly sold out. Should have good Oscar-legs.

It bombed spectacularly over here :lol: My 3:50 PM show on PW had 11 people. At least it stayed flat this week.