BK007

Most/Least Rewatchable Flicks

Eragon (I for the life of me can't watch that movie ever again)

When I first saw it when I was young.. I really liked it, I think i gave it a A- the first time I saw it. :P thank-goodness my tastes has.. advanced 

• Like 1

Yeah, I don't think I was too clear in attributing a definition to "least rewatchable". Thankfully, some of you have understood me.

Of course there will be films that you think are good, but don't think you'd really watch again. 

I guess I meant, films that didn't hold up the second time round for "least rewatchable".

I think I made a poll here once asking "How many times do you actually watch a film?" After all, we have limited time, loads of movies come out each year and then there's the past too. Most people answered 1 time to ascribe a grade, which is of course fine, but it's interesting that after one watch we can rank movies. Of course the first experience is the experience, but rewatchability is also a factor, perhaps that's more of a favourite vs best argument, but then what really is best when it can only make its impact once?

I'm bad at quoting lines from movies but I can mostly remember most of a film years after watching it so I don't rewatch often and thus when I do, I hope it's more like Potter or HTTYD or Contagion (this one has continually grown on me) as opposed to the unwelcome surprise of disappointment when a movie so esteemed in your mind doesn't hold up. Some crap movies get better on second viewing, but no one's really got the time to revisit things they didn't even like on round one.