LexJoker

Weekend Numbers Jan 23-25 pg 46(AS 64 mill, Mom's cookies 15)

Doesn't seem to breaking out here in the UK too much...

Really? It's doing pretty well where I am, if you look for a screening of AS at 8ish on Cineworld's website, it's absolutely packed.

It opened to $3.6M in the UK which is nothing to write home about, but here it's doing pretty good.

Really? It's doing pretty well where I am, if you look for a screening of AS at 8ish on Cineworld's website, it's absolutely packed.

It opened to $3.6M in the UK which is nothing to write home about, but here it's doing pretty good.

Well... not to the same amount that it seems to be in the US for sure. But then again, that's probably not a fair benchmark.

Well... not to the same amount that it seems to be in the US for sure. But then again, that's probably not a fair benchmark.

Disney has got to be happy about Mortdecai being such a huge disaster that Strange Magic is just quietly bombing at the box office and will soon be forgotten.

With the $18m Friday, my expectations have come back to earth and now I see it just beating MJ1 by a small margin. Upsetting... If it's gonna be close, I'm rooting for MJ. But I'm seeing $350 for now vs MJ1's $340.

350 locked. 400 in play. Dreams are over

For all HG fans with hope:

MJ1 will likely end it's run at 36.5 give or take 1.5M so 338M max.

AS will have 198-201M afther the weekend, that would be a 65M weekend.

GOTG did a 42M weekend for a 176.5M. And it dropped 40.4% in it's next weekend.

AS won't drop 40% probably more like 35% of a 65M weekend so that would mean a 40M gab between GOTG and AS afther 3 weeks in wide release. So even if it drops like crazy afther that it won't lose 30M to GOTG afther it's 3 week. This will do atleast 400M.