bigm10

My 2011 in review(feel free to add yours!)

ALL OPINIONATED FROM MY POINT OF VIEW 2011 in movies was like a Charles Dickens novel.It was the best of times, it was the worst of times.Plenty of finales stole the theatric show such as "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part Two" and "Transformers: Dark of the Moon", but "Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides" was a dud.Other sequels such as "Fast Five" and "Mission: Impossible-Ghost Protocol" were very impressive flicks, but "Sherlock Holmes: A Game of Shadows" was nowhere near the original.Superhero movies were in heavy supply, however "X-Men: First Class" was the only one worth recommending, as "Captain America: The First Avenger", "Thor", "Green Lantern" and "The Green Hornet" were all thuds as supposed to smashes.Comedies were a bright spot as "Horrible Bosses", "The Hangover Part Two" and "Tower Heist" all gave audiences a good amount of laughter.Science fiction came had its share of the good, bad and the ugly. With the good, entertaining popcorn flicks being "Real Steel" and "Battle: Los Angeles". The bad, mediocre films were "Rise of the Planet of the Apes" and "Super 8". And the eye-gouging films "I Am Number Four" and "In Time".Thrillers were up and down as well. "The Adjustment Bureau", "Contagion" and definetely "Source Code" were surprisingly good movies. However, "Unknown" and "Limitless" were nothing to write home about.Westerns have been in heavy demand as well since the 2010 hit "True Grit". Here's to hoping the trend ends as "Cowboys and Aliens" and "Rango" were disappointments.Well, 2011 is over. And it was marked by inconsistency. However, like a groom in a wedding, as an avid moviegoer, I am in it for better and for worse.May 2012 be even better.