CJohn

KINGSMAN: THE GOLDEN CIRCLE | Sep 22, 2017 | Trailer on page 15

49 minutes ago, grim22 said:

Doubt if both open the same weekend. Wouldn't be surprised with Blade Runner moving slightly back to mid-October.

Blade Runner is smashed in. It's likely going to bomb. They need to release it in August(nothing as a tentpole is scheduled for that month).

3 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

Blade Runner is either gonna try and catch the early August release (assuming it finishes on time) or release a week before.  I don't see anything else happening, unless they want to push it to November or December.

November's unlikely because it's too packed and WB's main priority is Justice League and December is Star Wars which is a no good, I think they could switch dates with CHiPS which is scheduled for August 11th, September 29th seems more likely IMO

2 minutes ago, Jonwo said:

November's unlikely because it's too packed and WB's main priority is Justice League and December is Star Wars which is a no good, I think they could switch dates with CHiPS which is scheduled for August 11th, September 29th seems more likely IMO

CHiPS seems like it's poised to be a nice little late summer hit if it's marketed correctly.  I think it's a film that can really only be released in summer, October just seems unfitting for it.  September 29th is most likely where it's gonna go, I agree.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Jonwo said:

only one problem with that. September 29th Has Universal's Tom Cruise Drug Mule Film. American Made From Director Doug Liman. so that not a good idea either

Edited by Robot308

1 minute ago, Robot308 said:

but to where?????? December with a limited Release in late 2017 & a Wide Release In Mid-January in early 2018 for next awards season??????

Yeah, that would work actually.  Or maybe an early November release date as counterprogramming (like Hacksaw Ridge did).

• Like 2

1 minute ago, That One Guy said:

Yeah, that would work actually.  Or maybe an early November release date as counterprogramming (like Hacksaw Ridge did).

but Universal could pull one on us by moving the release date up a week to September 22nd

6 minutes ago, Robot308 said:

only one problem with that. September 29th Has Universal's Tom Cruise Drug Mule Film. American Made From Director Doug Liman. so that not a good idea either

I wouldn't be surprised if that moves up to mid to late August or even early to mid September.