CJohn

KINGSMAN: THE GOLDEN CIRCLE | Sep 22, 2017 | Trailer on page 15

17 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

No one seems to be talking about this.

I liked the first film, but this trailer was weak.

We dont need to be blown away. This is a sequel to already great movie. It has it's audience according to box office. It was recieved by critics very well. Same director, same cast. We got glimpse of new characters which is most important with first trailer. It's just a announcement it's coming. 

If you talking about trailer needing to blow away people and attract audience to go see it they can go watch first movie. That's the best trailer they can get. 2h trailer footage to get hyped for next one. 

Edited by Neno

On 26/04/2017 at 6:41 PM, WrathOfHan said:

In your (golden) circle, maybe. But this is doing great on YT and social media.

Well no one has posted in this thread for 5 days and the trailer just came out :lol:

That's what I meant.. no one seems to be talking about it. 

I haven't seen it shared on Facebook or retweeted on twitter. Only the promoted versions. 

You guys have to realize, the first film was a nice hit, but far from something that nudged its way into the zeitgeist(domestically at least....WW it did very well).  I expect the second one to do about the same box office wise.

• Like 1

Either this or American Made should move to August. It doesn't make sense to stay in September/October when there's less room for success during this period compared to a wide-open August (the first half boosted by summer weekdays and the second half boosted by solid holds and Labor Day weekend).

Blade Runner 2049 should steal both films' thunder if it gets decent buzz

25 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

Everyone keeps saying this needs to move to August. Do you really think that Fox didn't consider this? Chances are the movie won't be ready by then.

I'm really saying any of the action/thriller films scheduled for September or October (Kingsman 2, American Made, Blade Runner 2049, The Snowman, Geostorm, Cloverfield 3) should have considered an August release date.

If The Dark Tower does sub-$40 million OW and Annabelle 2 does $24-26 million OW, August will be unbelievably barren, even moreso than 2015. There's more definitely room either on August 11th or August 18th for a mid-budget film to do well.

For that matter, My Little Pony would also be a good fit for a move to August so it doesn't have Ninjago slightly eating into its audience. Nut Job 2 and Leap! are comparatively weak family competition.

On 2017-5-1 at 5:09 PM, DAJK said:

I'm calling it this September is going to be like a smaller version of this March. Hit after hit after hit

I think Kingsman, Ninjago and It will make it the biggest September in recent years. It doing $50-55m OW, Kingsman $40-45m and Ninjago $30-35m

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jonwo said:

I think Kingsman, Ninjago and It will make it the biggest September in recent years. It doing $50-55m OW, Kingsman $40-45m and Ninjago $30-35m

Agreed, although I would add 10M to It's weekend and Kingsman's

• Like 1