CJohn

KINGSMAN: THE GOLDEN CIRCLE | Sep 22, 2017 | Trailer on page 15

Reviews are mixed at best. Just go through some of my posts earlier in the year. I said that this movie was overstuffed and had issues and Vaughn was struggling to top the first one. The action scenes are great, but somehow the soul is missing even if it is a very entertaining movie. Asia will love it. Rest of the world not too sure. I think 90-105 domestic is the range. 

This is probably a GOTG situation where critics aren't able to see a sequel is superior to the oringinal because the original was so "fresh" & unexpected while the sequel develops the world and characters in very interesting and compelling ways.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, filmnerdjamie said:

I mean... this isn't stunning. Moving from a prime June slot to September is never a good sign.

The reviews aren't really disastrous. It was also scheduled for October. Moved from Blade runner

• Like 1

1 minute ago, The Futurist said:

This is probably a GOTG situation where critics aren't able to see a sequel is superior to the oringinal because the original was so "fresh" & unexpected while the sequel develops the world and characters in very interesting and compelling ways.

I will never understand the critical reaction to Guardians of the Galaxy 2. I thought it was an infinitely superior movie. 

6 minutes ago, The Futurist said:

This is the best post regarding Vol. 2 that I see in a good while. Quoted for the truth.