CJohn

KINGSMAN: THE GOLDEN CIRCLE | Sep 22, 2017 | Trailer on page 15

7 minutes ago, Rman823 said:

Snatched is a lot better than reviews would lead you to believe. At least I laughed more than I did at Baywatch, Rough Night, or The House (probably combined). 

Snatched got a lot of slack at the time and I went in with low expectations and enjoyed it  for what it was. 

7 minutes ago, Fancyarcher said:

It's been a pretty solid year for Fox. I haven't seen Snatched yet, but the only one of their films I haven't really liked is Alien: Covenant, and even that had some good atmosphere in the first half, before going off the rails at the end. 

Their smaller films like Gifted, Hidden Figures and Viceroy's House were great as well. My Cousin Rachel was by the numbers period drama which I liked but wasn't wowed by. 

Im really looking forward to Murder on the Orient Express. 

5 minutes ago, Jonwo said:

Their smaller films like Gifted, Hidden Figures and Viceroy's House were great as well. My Cousin Rachel was by the numbers period drama which I liked but wasn't wowed by. 

Im really looking forward to Murder on the Orient Express. 

Yeah Searchlights been doing well this year. Murder on the Orient Express looks good too.

Edited by Fancyarcher
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

If we include Searchlight Fox probably has the best slate this year. If Shape of Water and Three Billboards live up to the hype, I imagine they'll be some of my favorites of the year.

Shape of Water is excellent. It definitely lives up to the hype. If we're included Searchlight, then I'd definitely say Fox has the best lineup of films this year overall. 

2 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

The consensus is that it's not as good as the original but it's still a fun time

There's some movies I thoroughly enjoyed this year that were deemed not as good as the original or past entries like Lego Batman and Guardians 2. As long as Kingsman 2 is as fun as the first, I'm happy.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Fancyarcher said:

Shape of Water is excellent. It definitely lives up to the hype. If we're included Searchlight, then I'd definitely say Fox has the best lineup of films this year overall. 

Searchlight has really recovered this year after a bad 2016. I imagine Three Billboards and Shape of Water will get a lot of award nominations. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Jonwo said:

Searchlight has really recovered this year after a bad 2016. I imagine Three Billboards and Shape of Water will get a lot of award nominations. 

Shape of Water even has potential to win best picture too. They've definitely improved after a limp 2016.