CJohn

KINGSMAN: THE GOLDEN CIRCLE | Sep 22, 2017 | Trailer on page 15

19 minutes ago, tribefan695 said:

You don't think there's a ton of audience overlap? 

No and its kinda nutty how much Blade Runner 2049 is being overestimated BO wise.

Kingsman: The Golden Circle is the big sequel to a surprise hit from two years ago. Fresh in everyone's minds - regardless of the iffy marketing.

Blade Runner 2049 is the sequel to a financial and critical disaster from over 30 years ago whose appeal/influence is solely in movie dorks like us and filmmakers wowed by its production design - regardless of where one likes, dislikes or adores the original film. In fact... the average person on the street has no idea about the original. And Ryan Gosling is an actor who gets tons of press but the fact is.. he doesn't open movies. 

Edited by filmnerdjamie
  • Like 5

Nobody opens a movie alone outside of Leo. I don't think they are trying to rely on Gosling to open the film, I think they are marketing the visuals and nostalgia more than anything. 

I could easily see Blade Runner massively flopping, that wouldn't be a shocking event but the reason I think it has a chance of doing okay is Mad Max Fury Road. The Mad Max films were not big grossers in the states at all and yet Fury Road did 150mil domestically. Not enough to make it a hit in theaters per se but pretty big numbers for the type of movie it is. Of course it has to be good as well as have some audience appeal to do okay for what it is numbers.

Edited by Zakiyyah6

1 hour ago, DlAMONDZ said:

Vaughn is gonna go from a fanboy favorite to a hack if this gets a rotten score

if the movie has decent legs for a sequel, no one will care about the rotten score.

hitman's bodyguard gonna do 3.5x+ with 38% RT. now being a sequel Kingsman2 can't leg it like that but 2.7-2.8x would be good with a close to 45 ow (would give 120-125 dom).

Watching this movie is the equivalent to how Kick-Ass 2 turned out to be. You know how Matthew Vaughn directed the first Kick-Ass but left Jeff Wadlow to direct "Kick-Ass 2" which was a messy poor imitation of the first Kick-Ass? Though this is Vaughn’s first time doing a sequel, it seems like he’s been taking lessons of storytelling from Jeff Wadlow because "Kingsman: The Golden Circle" is a messy poor imitation of the first Kingsman film. If Jeff Wadlow would've directed this movie, it probably would've been the same product just without the great action sequences Vaughn can only make fun.

Here's my review of Kingsman: The Golden Circle

https://rendyreviews.com/movies//kingsman-the-golden-circle-review

AND AS A BONUS HERE'S A CLIP OF SOME OF THE CAST AT MY JOB!

So uhh I might've made Taron Egerton reveal a dirty secret about his times shooting Kingsman. Just saying if Fox gets on his case, it is not my fault.

Edited by rjones1325

7 minutes ago, Napoleon said:

Time for WB to search for a new Superman director...

Every director has their "critical flops" once and a while, and it's not like Vaughn has ever been a huge "super critical darling" to begin with, anyway. 

Edited by Fancyarcher

1 minute ago, Zakiyyah6 said:

Still a better RT score than the last Superman director for the last movie Superman was in. 

Anyway, I see Kingsman getting a 50-60% score now. I think a Rotten Score will hurt the film at the box office.

I could definitely see it affecting legs at least. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Zakiyyah6 said:

Vaughn is not even in talks, it would be in the trades if he were. I think Vaughn was using Superman to promote Kingsman. Which is fine. Also WB doesn't exactly seem keen on making another Superman movie in the first pace.

He did mention in an interview recently that there talks for a MOS sequel, so maybe WB is interested in him directing, if they even wanna do a sequel at all. Though that could just be Vaughn creating it for publicity for interview talks too.

Edited by Fancyarcher
  • Like 1