CJohn

KINGSMAN: THE GOLDEN CIRCLE | Sep 22, 2017 | Trailer on page 15

13 hours ago, JohnnyGossamer said:

Country Roads is prominently featured in Alien Covenant and Logan Lucky too. And, yeah, Kingsman 2 features that song prominently.

Wow, that's how much I don't remember from Logan Lucky and I saw it opening night. I thought it was good but I knew it was not going to be something that stuck with me. I think it was in the Nascar scene and the stadium sung it?

I remember it in Alien Covenant now though. Was used as a full set piece here.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, somebody85 said:

Wow, that's how much I don't remember from Logan Lucky and I saw it opening night. I thought it was good but I knew it was not going to be something that stuck with me. I think it was in the Nascar scene and the stadium sung it?

I remember it in Alien Covenant now though. Was used as a full set piece here.

Nope :lol: Tagging because I guess we're in LL spoiler territory

Spoiler

It was in the first 5-6 minutes when Channing is fired from his job and later in the movie when his daughter sings it at the beauty pageant. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

Nope :lol: Tagging because I guess we're in LL spoiler territory

Hide contents

It was in the first 5-6 minutes when Channing is fired from his job and later in the movie when his daughter sings it at the beauty pageant. 

Oh yeah! See I knew it had to do with a crowd...but yeah that movie didn't leave much an impression on me. Now I remember it, everything came full circle. Thanks.

F'in right bruv...I had so much fun with this movie.  I was fearful of the run time going in but I pretty much was smiling and having a good time the whole movie.  I actually like it more than the first and I liked the first quite a bit.  Elton stuff was hilarious...he has a few lines that had me laughing harder than I have in a theatre in awhile.  You obviously have to like the highly stylized, crazy camera movement action of Vaughn, and in these movies I love that.  Good emotional stuff, some really good laughs, crazy action...I want to watch it again, now.  Between this and It, September is by far the best month of the year for me. Still gotta check out American assassin also (but not huge expectations there).  

• Like 1

Watched it yesterday. It was alright. The first hour dragged like a motherfucker to me. The last hour was pretty good tho. Elton John stole the movie. Wasn't near on the level the first film was, but I could stand for Vaughn doing one more if he would tighten it up a bit. 

• Like 2

I saw this today with a friend. My friend thought it was his new favorite film. I thought it was pretty good too!

Though I saw four older folks walk out of the theater during a scene with the fairly absurd death of one of the henchmen. They didn't come back.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, DeeCee said:

Whiskey was so familiar but throughout the whole movie it didn't click it was Pascal. I couldn't get Nathan Fillion as Malcolm Reynolds out of my head. 

Throughout the film his character felt like a dead ringer for Burt Reynolds to me. 

For some reason i feel Kingsman WoM among audience is skewing from Average - Good/V.Good similar to GoTG-2.

I remember asking my friends regarding GoTG-2 for some reason they were not interested but ended up watching it because its MARVEL. Yea their responses ranged from Average to Good pretty much similar to Kingsman2.

This franchisee is still alive but i dont see it going further and replicating the awesomeness of the first part. Sure its one of my favorite films its just that i didnt get that vibe after watching part2.

On 9/22/2017 at 7:11 AM, JohnnyGossamer said:

Hugely disappointing. Fun enough as it is though. Not expecting great legs here. This is MIB 2 to the MIB. It's also ridiculously, shamelessly overlong.

On a different note, this is the third movie I've seen in 2017 that prominently features John Denver's "Annie's Song" and the fifth movie that prominently features John Denver. Is there some inside joke within the industry? It's really uncanny. It's not as if it's a fresh hit. The other two films to feature Annie's Song are Okja and Free Fire.

Country Roads is prominently featured in Alien Covenant and Logan Lucky too. And, yeah, Kingsman 2 features that song prominently.

The Long Haul also had a John Denver song in it :ph34r: 

• Like 1