CJohn

KINGSMAN: THE GOLDEN CIRCLE | Sep 22, 2017 | Trailer on page 15

4 hours ago, John Marston said:

Anyone. Lived they used an exact cue from X men First Class during the scene where Harry regains his memory? 

Henry Jackman co-composed the score for Kingsman and did First Class, so it's very likely they recycled a cue from First Class, or it was tracked in. The cue sounds very similar, so it wouldn't surprise me at all, if they simple reuse the same piece of music. 

Edited by Fancyarcher

On September 30, 2017 at 12:20 AM, Fancyarcher said:

Henry Jackman co-composed the score for Kingsman and did First Class, so it's very likely they recycled a cue from First Class, or it was tracked in. The cue sounds very similar, so it wouldn't surprise me at all, if they simple reuse the same piece of music. 

First Class Cue is used all the time, it was used as temp music for the Avengers, its been confirmed. 

And I watched Winter Solider last night and there is a moment that id be willing to be my entire life was mocked up with First Class too (same composer so makes 100% sense). 

16 minutes ago, Jay Hollywood said:

First Class Cue is used all the time, it was used as temp music for the Avengers, its been confirmed. 

And I watched Winter Solider last night and there is a moment that id be willing to be my entire life was mocked up with First Class too (same composer so makes 100% sense). 

It's also possible it may have been taken or rearranged from some other previously Zimmer score too, given how a lot of his protege tend to work. I'm not surprised it's use as a temp track though. 

8 minutes ago, 4815162342 said:

The only music I remember from First Class is Magneto's theme

It and the main theme are really only the memorable things from that score. The rest of it, is basically undisguisable "sound". 

Edited by Fancyarcher
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Captain Craig said:

I had thought that this would cross $100m over the Thanksgiving weekend time frame but estimates have it roughly $58.5K off.

So while it's not exactly taking the Sony path with Skyfall it is going to get it's milestone notched by Wednesday at the latest.

What did Sony do with Skyfall? 

Didnt Skyfall make like $300m?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

What did Sony do with Skyfall? 

Didnt Skyfall make like $300m?

I now realize I've misremembered which film I wanted as my example there. 

I feel it was a Sony film and it was a few years('12-'14) back that was kept in theater for the longest time. Past even normal discount chain runs then one day it's daily total suddenly saw a large, like 1000% jump and it crossed $200m domestic. 

2 hours ago, Captain Craig said:

I now realize I've misremembered which film I wanted as my example there. 

I feel it was a Sony film and it was a few years('12-'14) back that was kept in theater for the longest time. Past even normal discount chain runs then one day it's daily total suddenly saw a large, like 1000% jump and it crossed $200m domestic. 

Spectre, not Skyfall :lol: 

• Like 1