The Creator

Most Cringeworthy Scenes (or the Worst Scenes)

Neville's speech was pathetic. Terrible dialogue that didn't stimulate anyone, in the film or watching. No wonder Voldemort just laughed at him. One of the worst scenes I've seen in a very long time.

Wasn`t that the point? That his speech was terrible? I thought that was the idea since Neville was never a super-leader or whatever. Just a geeky guy who got carried away. Voldemort`s laugh perfectly underlined it.I can`t believe you people don`t trash Molly Ripley. Seriously, that Girl Power moment in DH2 was so stuck in the middle of unrelated things, without any build up, that the line was just a complete cringer. I mean, it was in the book to begin with.Plus exploding Bella! WFT was that shit?Please more hate for the epilogue. Both book and movie.More hate for anything Dobby in CoS. Edited by fishnets
  • Like 2

Bella exploded because she turned her into stone or something similar first, then hit her with another spell. I don't know why people have such a problem with that. I thought it was awesome. Bella needed to have a different death than the rest of the characters.

I loved Bella exploding. I personally would have preferred to have something go through her heart...but that would maybe be too violent. :PYeah, Molly cast a spell that turned her into stone first. I just would have liked more of a duel.Does anyone wish they had Hermione, Ginny, and Luna battle Bellatrix at first like in the book?

Oh, here we go again with aDIM's anger regarding Bella. She had a few lines.When she asks whether Harry is dead, helping Voldemort, and shrieking to the DE's to "GET BACK!" when they start disapparating.

Oh, here we go again with aDIM's anger regarding Bella. She had a few lines.When she asks whether Harry is dead, helping Voldemort, and shrieking to the DE's to "GET BACK!" when they start disapparating.

Because that's really a lot of great stuff for a scenery-chewing villainess to work with. It's still idiotic that characters talk with their own voices when they transform with Polyjuice Potion. If they're transforming into a person, then they should adopt all of that person's attributes, including voice.The Harry Potter films, particularly the late ones, run into the problem of tons of characters with little running time to go around. Edited by 4815162342
  • Like 1

Sorry, 3 lines :mellow:

It's ok if you consider all of Deathly Hallows as one movie, because she was at her best in DH1. Otherwise she was wasted in the 2nd part so characters like Neville Longbottom could give hokey inspirational monologues.

Posted Image

Posted Image

i just finished watching DHII hadnt watched it in a while , and yeah there are many annoying things in this series like neville declaration for luna out of the blue but i think there's gotta be a consensus about the epilogue scene taking the cake of cringeworthiness

it actually reads better in the book because one's imagination always seem to do a better job than the director/makeup guys

i cannot understand with the budget they had , and this being the last scene of the series , they couldnt have done an effort to dress them better ,its been near 20 yrs you'd think ginny would dress better to look agreable to her husband, she looks really pretty/mature  in the kitchen pre-wedding scene yet 20 yrs later she looks like her younger self from GoF/OotP with an awful wig

i don't get it, i've seen movies with less budget do a better job , heck telenovelas do a better job at making their protagonists look older/mature than their teenage self now that kids are older

another huge pet peeve of mine is how they completely mishandled the character of ginny in the films , not surprising no one really likes her her portrayal in films , they had no idea how to incorporate romance into these films, its like anything that was romance between any characters was poorly handle, thanks to  fanfiction lots of fans of harry/ginny ron/hermione more than make up for it! 

harry is the chosen one ,the hero who sets out on a journey , they have no clue what to do with harry just a boy asking a girl to like him , which now reminds me of that scene in some staircase after hermione sees lavender kissing ron , and they bring up harry feeling same way about ginny  with dean! 

i'll always regret not reading all the books before films came out, i'd have save myself so much frustration , but better late than never at least i was able to enjoy DHII having read all the novels before seeing it

Edited by ladyevenstar22

Because that's really a lot of great stuff for a scenery-chewing villainess to work with. It's still idiotic that characters talk with their own voices when they transform with Polyjuice Potion. If they're transforming into a person, then they should adopt all of that person's attributes, including voice.The Harry Potter films, particularly the late ones, run into the problem of tons of characters with little running time to go around.

This kind of irritates me too, but I wondered if the filmmakers did this so the audience knew who was who. As far as I recall, they never mention in the films that their voices stayed the same (nor for that matter that they were different). 

I didn't mind Neville or Ginny, or really even Lavender. And to me, nearly everything with Hermione was brilliant =)

Some things I hated: the scene where they laugh at how old Dumbledore is bothered me, as well as the awkward laughter after they talk about Harry kissing Cho. Also, the part with Harry and Cho at the top of the stairs when he asks her to the ball. Really, just about everything with Cho... 

Also, in Order of the Phoenix when they're in the Department of Mysteries and the kids are fighting death eaters, they do awkward shots of the battle. Like zooming up on Luna's face, showing a Death Eater still on the ground... but they hardly show any of the action actually happening. Which is bizarre to me, because they show a good deal of the ensuing Death Eater/Order battle, as well as the duel between Voldemort and Dumbledore.

Only cringeworthy thing I can think of in DH2 is when they are changing clothes after jumping off the dragon. I don't care about the partial nudity or whatever, but it just felt really weird and unnecessary (as did the shot of Hermione's cleavage when they fall from the cart in Gringott's)

Because that's really a lot of great stuff for a scenery-chewing villainess to work with. It's still idiotic that characters talk with their own voices when they transform with Polyjuice Potion. If they're transforming into a person, then they should adopt all of that person's attributes, including voice.

That happened in the book...I can't remember for the GoF movie, wouldn't Barty Crouch, Jr. have had Mad Eye Moody's voice throughout? I guess they hoped viewers just weren't going to remember/think about the inconsistencies with Polyjuice Potion from CoS to later movies. I think if JKR had come up with a scene in the books where Harry Polyjuiced as Ron that they would have used Rupert's voice for it.

"He was their friend! He was their FRIEND!" Oh well, Dan, you really tried. 

All of Emma's eyebrow acting in GoF. I don't know where that came from, I thought she had improved a lot in PoA and then came that melodramatic nonsense.

Honestly I think I left the theater before the epilogue started because I can't remember watching it at all. When I reread DH I totally avoid that part so maybe I just blocked it out? I did see some filming pics where they all had on horribly aging makeup, Bonnie Wright's was especially bad, and the production had to do damage control and release a statement reassuring everyone it would look a lot better when the movie came out.

Edited by BoxOfficeChica

Neville's speech was pathetic. Terrible dialogue that didn't stimulate anyone, in the film or watching. No wonder Voldemort just laughed at him. One of the worst scenes I've seen in a very long time.

Neville was supposed to be a goofy caracther.

This kind of irritates me too, but I wondered if the filmmakers did this so the audience knew who was who. As far as I recall, they never mention in the films that their voices stayed the same (nor for that matter that they were different). 

I didn't mind Neville or Ginny, or really even Lavender. And to me, nearly everything with Hermione was brilliant =)

Some things I hated: the scene where they laugh at how old Dumbledore is bothered me, as well as the awkward laughter after they talk about Harry kissing Cho. Also, the part with Harry and Cho at the top of the stairs when he asks her to the ball. Really, just about everything with Cho... 

Also, in Order of the Phoenix when they're in the Department of Mysteries and the kids are fighting death eaters, they do awkward shots of the battle. Like zooming up on Luna's face, showing a Death Eater still on the ground... but they hardly show any of the action actually happening. Which is bizarre to me, because they show a good deal of the ensuing Death Eater/Order battle, as well as the duel between Voldemort and Dumbledore.

Only cringeworthy thing I can think of in DH2 is when they are changing clothes after jumping off the dragon. I don't care about the partial nudity or whatever, but it just felt really weird and unnecessary (as did the shot of Hermione's cleavage when they fall from the cart in Gringott's)

YES. I hate that scene. It's very weird.

• Like 1

That happened in the book...I can't remember for the GoF movie, wouldn't Barty Crouch, Jr. have had Mad Eye Moody's voice throughout? I guess they hoped viewers just weren't going to remember/think about the inconsistencies with Polyjuice Potion from CoS to later movies. I think if JKR had come up with a scene in the books where Harry Polyjuiced as Ron that they would have used Rupert's voice for it.

Good catch! I hadn't thought of that. I guess they just didn't care, or used it as a device to help the audience know who was who.

HOW DID I NOT SEE THAT? 

I'm not sure! It was pretty obvious haha to me anyway. When she uses the "arresto momentum" spell (or whatever it is) to stop their fall, she is directly in front of the camera and it is sort of a weird shot.

Good catch! I hadn't thought of that. I guess they just didn't care, or used it as a device to help the audience know who was who.

I'm not sure! It was pretty obvious haha to me anyway. When she uses the "arresto momentum" spell (or whatever it is) to stop their fall, she is directly in front of the camera and it is sort of a weird shot.

Yeah, I already checked. Wasn't gonna let that get by me so easily.

• Like 1