Fullbuster

European Union Box Office : 994 million tickets sold in 2016!

2014 - Admissions - Top 5 EU

France: 208.4m (+7.7%)

UK: 157.5m (-4.9%)

Germany: 121.7m (-6.1%)

Italy: 100.2m (-6.1%)

Spain: 84.7m (+13.6%)

Source: elmundo.es

Thanks Henry :)

Damn, Germany is incredibly low in terms of admissions for a country with a 80m population.

• Like 1

Thanks Henry :)

Damn, Germany is incredibly low in terms of admissions for a country with a 80m population.

Yep, going to the movies is always only a 2nd choice there, except for, now & then, some must-see like Avatar or Intouchables.

In Austria, admissions per capita are a bit higher than in Germany but still far from France.

• Like 1

Thank you for your cheers :). It is certainly depressing to listen every day the same shit during 7 years. And to see that people you should trust to make things correctly are the worse shit you can face. I saw recently a TV show comparing some things between Denmark, the least corrupt country in the world, and Spain. It was shameful to be conscious that both countries belong to the same world... The journalist asked people on Danish streets if they could mention a corruption problem in their country. ALL OF THEM were surprised about the question. They did not know any case. Just one person remembered one case in 80s in a small village. I can tell you about 20-30 big cases just in last 12 months in my country. Today, for instance, the FC Barcelona's president and Barcelona as a football club have been accused of tax fraud in one player engagement (Neymar).

I am sorry about these long and boring messages about my country. Sometimes i start and I can not stop... Let's talk about box office :)

Well, but Spain and Denmark are 2 different countries with different number of inhabitants. Clearly in a country with 5 millions of inhabitants everything is easiest! The corruption exists in every big country. unfortunately, that's normal! xD I always laughed when people compared Italy with Finland or Sweden, when both the nordic countries have less inhabitants than a single italian region. Only Lombardia have more inhabitants than both those countries. But, well, they compare Italy with Germany as well,  when the world know that Germany is the only EU country that has been enriched with the euro (we were way richest before :( ). 
Anyway, 2015 (50 shades; Cinderella; American sniper; Fast 7....) seems to be a really great year for the italian box office! :)
Edited by Bluraylover
  • Like 1

Well, but Spain and Denmark are 2 different countries with different number of inhabitants. Clearly in a country with 5 millions of inhabitants everything is easiest! The corruption exists in every big country. unfortunately, that's normal! xD I always laughed when people compared Italy with Finland or Sweden, when both the nordic countries have less inhabitants than a single italian region. Only Lombardia have more inhabitants than both those countries. But, well, they compare Italy with Germany as well,  when the world know that Germany is the only EU country that has been enriched with the euro (we were way richest before :( ). 
Anyway, 2015 (50 shades; Cinderella; American sniper; Fast 7....) seems to be a really great year for the italian box office! :)

I know it is easiest to control for a smaller country, but big countries should try to improve in this sense and try to emulate those smaller countries, although it is a hard work.

The euro didn't impoverish these nations such as Italy or France, these nations impoverished themselves by refusing doing the necessary reforms like Germany did. The Euro helped Germany because Germany helped itself first with the necessary reforms. Growth came back in Spain because Spain did what it needed to do, Italy is still in a dire situation because the country is politically unable to reform and living in the past..It's quite the same problem in France.

Apart from that I really hope Avengers 2 will smash Avengers 1 in the EU despite the falling Euro!

The euro didn't impoverish these nations such as Italy or France, these nations impoverished themselves by refusing doing the necessary reforms like Germany did. The Euro helped Germany because Germany helped itself first with the necessary reforms. Growth came back in Spain because Spain did what it needed to do, Italy is still in a dire situation because the country is politically unable to reform and living in the past..It's quite the same problem in France.

Apart from that I really hope Avengers 2 will smash Avengers 1 in the EU despite the falling Euro!

Sorry, but german economists as well said that Germany is the only country in Europe that has been enriched thanks to euro, since the Deutsch Mark was too strong. so the euro totally opened their economy, decreasing the other ones. In fact, Italy has slowed its economic growth since the country joined the euro. In the last years Germany just want to rule Europe.... but, anyway, that's off topic! xD

Edited by Bluraylover
  • Like 1

Sorry, but german economists as well said that Germany is the only country in Europe that has been enriched thanks to euro, since the Deutsch Mark was too strong. so the euro totally opened their economy, decreasing the other ones. In fact, Italy has slowed its economic growth since the country joined the euro. In the last years Germany just want to rule Europe.... but, anyway, that's off topic! xD

Italy already had a poor economy in the 90s, and France was not great. It is a pitiful excuse, it's time to reform like every successful economy did such as Germany, Sweden and Canada, no time for finding scapegoat, it's time to be adult and to reform, it's the only way and everybody knows this.

Germany reformed, Germany got the reward, end of story.

• Like 1

Italy already had a poor economy in the 90s, and France was not great. It is a pitiful excuse, it's time to reform like every successful economy did such as Germany, Sweden and Canada, no time for finding scapegoat, it's time to be adult and to reform, it's the only way and everybody knows this.

EUROPEAN UNION ALL-TIME BOX OFFICE (CONSTANTLY UPDATED)

European Union : $845.9m

OS Box Office : $2.02B

EU Share of the OS Box Office : 42.2%

Titanic

European Union : $634.5m

OS Box Office : $1.53B

EU Share of the OS Box Office : 41.5%

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2

European Union: $412.4m

OS Box Office: $960.5m

EU Share of Box Office: 42.94%

The Avengers

European Union : $233m

OS Box Office : $895m

EU Share of the OS Box Office : 26%

Iron Man 3

European Union : $192.2m

OS Box Office : $806.4m

EU Share of the OS Box Office : 23.8%

I added Titanic.

• Like 2

You are talking like if Italy is a third world country, :blink:  while it's still the third richest country in the European Union and the fourth in Europe. Italy is doing reform and italian people definitely know that! I guess, you don't know very well the situation. You are comparing countries that are completely different. (Sweden with Italy  :blink: ) Btw, you know better than german economists....lol.... ok xD

Edited by Bluraylover
  • Like 2

You talking like Italy is a third world country, :blink:  while it's still the third richest country in the European Union and the fourth in Europe. Italy is doing reform and italian people definitely know that! I guess, you don't know very well the situation. You are comparing countries that are completely different. (Sweden with Italy  :blink: ) Btw, you know better than german economists....lol.... ok xD

Plus, it's the 10th or 11th biggest market in the world. It is among the major markets. Lat year's BO was close to 700M ffs. 

You talking like Italy is a third world country, :blink:  while it's still the third richest country in the European Union and the fourth in Europe. Italy is doing reform and italian people definitely know that! I guess, you don't know very well the situation. You are comparing countries that are completely different. (Sweden with Italy  :blink: ) Btw, you know better than german economists....lol.... ok xD

It is more difficult than that.

Yes, germany profits from the Euro and the current situation. But your claim that Germany wants to rule the EU? Ridiculous. The debate in Germany is actually that people are uncomfortable with any sort of leading role for Germany on an international stage.

Same foes for your German economists... there are very varied studies and academic opinions on the economic situation of the EU and its member states.

Anyway, that map on page 1 isn't up-to-date ;)

It is more difficult than that.

Yes, germany profits from the Euro and the current situation. But your claim that Germany wants to rule the EU? Ridiculous. The debate in Germany is actually that people are uncomfortable with any sort of leading role for Germany on an international stage.

Same foes for your German economists... there are very varied studies and academic opinions on the economic situation of the EU and its member states.

Anyway, that map on page 1 isn't up-to-date ;)

Well, European Union is composed by 28 states, and nowadays it's like Germany is the only one that decide what other countries have to do. At least, the founder members should have the same importance but it isn't so. The economic situation in the EU is indeed complicated, but when I read about people saying Italy is a poor country or a poor market (and that's regarding the Box office too), well, I just remember that it isn't so! =)