Mockingjay Raphael

Weekend Numbers SB: 56, AS 24.1, JA 19 pg 54

UPDATE, FRIDAY 10AM: Universal’s The Seventh Son from Legendary posted $295,000 from 1,983 theaters last night. The film, which is reported at a net cost of $95M, isn’t expected to wow this weekend with a $7-10M opening. Recent male-demo fare, read Taken 3, Fury and even Exodus: Gods and Kings have cleared a $1M-plus in their Thursday previews indicating weekend hauls of at least $20M. Social media tracking for Seventh Son has been light with 4,000 per video on YouTube. Only one Seventh Son video (via the JoBlo YouTube channel) has daily views of 20K per a day and it was posted 18 months. Paramount’s Nickelodeon film The SpongeBob Movie: Sponge Out of Water is expected to rule with a FSS in the mid $30Ms, while Warner Bros./Village Roadshow’s pricey Jupiter Ascending is hoping to grab those guys skip Seventh Son, for three-day of $20M.

http://deadline.com/2015/02/spongebob-squarepants-box-office-jupiter-ascending-seventh-son-1201366190/

Rth first update:

SB anything could happen this early 9.5-11,JA 6.5-7.5, AS 5.5-6.5, SS well think BH & Mort #'s

Edited by Raphael Potter
  • Like 1

Blackhat did 179k and Pompeii 235k. I think Seventh Son might crack 10M with a bit of luck.

Into the Storm did 800k. I am just posting this here because I feel JA number will be lower :lol: 

Edited by CJohn

I hope SB can make $40m this week, would be a fantastic February start.

$40M opening for SB would be fantastic, because you know Fifty Shade will most likely open with over $60M. And that would give February 2015 two fantastic weekend at the boxoffice.

I just hope Kingsman blows up as well, than February can have boxoffice bragging rights. Especially after Lego's oppened quite well last year in the same month.

Edited by sfran43
  • Like 1

I think Seventh Son might be able to crack, or st least come close to 10M. I am definitely interested in seeing it, after the big giant spectacle/what was going on of Jupiter Ascending, I'm hoping for a smaller, more concentrated film that doesn't have to be good, but just be different while not trying to be too bizarre.