The Stingray

The Neon Demon | June 24 | Nicolas Winding Refn (director), Elle Fanning, Christina Hendricks, Keanu Reeves

I'm a fan of Nicolas Winding Refn's work, but jeez, talk about a director that's type-cast himself!

I swear it seems like all his movies in recent years somehow must involve the word or the use of, neon, large cities with seedy underworlds, and now there are at least a couple of films that involve Los Angeles as the setting.

I thought Drive was great but Only God Forgives wasn't. Pusher was ok but Bronson is his masterpiece. I still don't know how i feel about Valhala Rising.

One thing is for sure, every Refn film is a must see from an aesthetic point at least. Can't wait for this one.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, acab said:

I thought Drive was great but Only God Forgives wasn't. Pusher was ok but Bronson is his masterpiece. I still don't know how i feel about Valhala Rising.

One thing is for sure, every Refn film is a must see from an aesthetic point at least. Can't wait for this one.

Agree all around pretty much - Drive was great and that soundtrack!  Still put it on sometimes and it just gives me good vibes.  Only God Forgives had me entertained but it just wasn't that good. Pusher, meh.  Bronson was solid and valhalla was just like wtf.  Will def check this out, and it has keanu in it, and I pretty much see all keanu movies...cuz he's the man.

• Like 1

Elle Fanning, 17 years old and one of the most interesting young actors out there.  The trailer is really intriguing and add Reeves to it, yep, I'm there.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Arlborn said:

She's still just 17?? Holy crap, why did I think she was over 20 by now? So young still.

She's 18 now.  But when this was filmed, she was 17.