grim22

Fifty Shades Darker | February 10th, 2017 | First Trailer on Page 13

:lol: Yeah, like they replaced Pattinson for Twilight. C'mon, be serious here.

I doubt replacing either of them would ever work anyway, despite their lack of impression, but that would soooo not be the same thing as Pattinson. Completely different league as far as fan obsession and transference. To the psycho Twihards, it was basically "Robert Pattinson is Edward Cullen." Jamie Dornan has no "Jamie Dornan is Christian Grey" to throw around, really. 

• Like 1

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/fifty-shades-producer-salary-demands-781872

A lot has been written about EL James and director Sam Taylor-Johnson clashing on the Fifty Shades set. What's the real story?

People are always going to disagree, but ultimately if you don't agree, then the movie doesn't get completed and released or it ends up being absolutely horrible because somebody says, "It's my way or the highway." And that never works. There's been so many other movies where there were battles on set that were real battles, where people were walking off set or trying to stop production or hijacking editing rooms. This got blown out of proportion because anything withFifty Shades in the headline got attention. Big whoop. There's disagreements every f—ing day, every setup, every shot. The press just ran with this and blew it into a much bigger issue than it ever was.

Will Sam be back for Fifty Shades Darker?

No idea. We literally have no idea what we're going to do. I have not even met with the studio or anybody yet about the second film. We always said, "Let's get this first one out and released and then we'll regroup and figure out what we're going to do on the next." That hasn't happened yet. So, [James] hasn't been back to the States [from her home in London] yet. I haven't been into the studio yet. We've sent some emails back and forth and were basically like, "OK, we're just going to figure out when everyone can get together and meet."

Given how much Fifty Shades has earned, will the budget go up for Darker?

I hope not. As a producer, I love the fact that we made it for as little as we did and it's grossed as much as it has. I've been proud of that on all my films. Will the budget go up? Maybe if there's renegotiations on deals and fees. But as far as the actual production is concerned, I don't think so. We run pretty lean and mean.

What do you think of Dakota Johnson and Jamie Dornan wanting big raises?

Look, when I was starting out and had to cut my teeth and build my résumé to get in, I had to basically work for free on a lot of things. I still take reductions in my fees for the opportunities to do certain things. We got slack on Captain Phillips about how much Barkhad [Abdi] and those guys got paid. Look at Jonah Hill in Wolf of Wall Street. It was great for his career. So I'm not going to cry for anybody who wants to be in this business just because a thing they were involved in did very well and they didn't get paid [a lot]. That's not the deal that you made. If it was, I'd have more than a couple Ferraris because all the money my films have made is f—ing insane. You've got to start somewhere.

Any chance you guys will split the third book — Fifty Shades Freed — into two movies, like Hunger Games and Twilight?

I don't know. I mean, look, we don't even have a writer yet, so we have to sit down and think about what the takes and all that would be, so that's way too premature.

http://www.eonline.com/news/639730/sam-taylor-johnson-will-not-be-directing-sequel-fifty-shades-darker-after-intense-fifty-shades-of-grey-journey?cmpid=rss-000000-rssfeed-365-topstories&utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=rss_topstories

Sam Taylor-Johnson has cut ties with the Fifty Shades franchise.

The Fifty Shades of Grey director will not be returning to helm the sequel, her team confirming her decision to E! News on Wednesday.

"Directing Fifty Shades of Grey has been an intense and incredible journey for which I am hugely grateful," Taylor-Johnson said in a statement. "I have Universal to thank for that. I forged close and lasting relationships with the cast, producers and crew and most especially, with [Dakota Johnson] and [Jamie Dornan].  While I will not be returning to direct the sequels, I wish nothing but success to whosoever takes on the exciting challenges of films two and three."

• Like 1

It can't be worse than if she wrote the screenplay herself right?

Just replace Dakota Johnson with Sasha Grey or Mia Khalifa and everyone gets happy.

This is gonna be an experience.

I kinda feel bad for the 2 leads, their careers are gonna be wrecked after this.

Her husband????? Why????

They are probably both say no to the sequel if it is sexually insane. Even if it is on the same level as the first, I doubt they will accept return for less than 25M paycheck.

Just replace Dakota Johnson with Sasha Grey or Mia Khalifa and everyone gets happy.

They are probably both say no to the sequel if it is sexually insane. Even if it is on the same level as the first, I doubt they will accept return for less than 25M paycheck.

I read that they already signed on for 3 films and are under contract. They will have to do the film or they won't work in Hollywood again.