Avatree

Bad performances in great films

I can think of more great performances in bad movies than bad performances in great movies. Let's make a thread for that. And in a way it's taken something positive out of a negative, maybe I'm just a glass half full kind of guy.

Edited by jessie
  • Like 1

I think they got better as the films progressed and for being cast so young, I think the casting directer did a damn fine job of guessing potentail talent in a bunch of 10 year olds.

However, Draco Malfoy was the one major mis-step of all of those kids. He really blossomed into a steaming turd of an actor.

I think they did amazing job of casting those kids, Emma Watson in particular.

I agree about Tom Felton. He seems fine to me in the films but that's because they've grown up on the film and their characters are the actors, so none of them feel out of place. But then I watch Rise of the Planet of the Apes and his acting is hilariously wooden.

That being said, he always has a place in my heart, he was my first celeb crush, when I was 6.  :wub:

I can think of more great performances in bad movies than bad performances in great movies. Let's make a thread for that. And in a way it's taken something positive out of a negative, maybe I'm just a glass half full kind of guy.

This thread was inspired by a blog by Mark Kermode, where he asked for people's thoughts on great performances in bad movies. But I think that the opposite question is more interesting - it's quite easy to just go through a great actor's filmography and just look at their bad films. :)

I can't believe this russell crowe bullshit. LA Confidential, Romper Stomper, The Insider, Master and Commander, 3:10 to yuma even A Beautiful Mind and cinderella man, which are both dogshit but he's so good. He has more performances that I'd qualify as good work in a bad movie than the other way around, like Man With The Iron Fists, which is an active turdcano but Crowe seems to be having a blast and he's awesome.

Its not that he's bad per say. I just think he's placed way too high on a pedestal by some people. He has had his fair share of good and bad performances but I personally think he's okay.

The kids in Jurassic Park - I assume they're supposed to be annoying, they're kids and I assume we're meant to side with Sam Neill when we first meet them, but the older sister character is still the weakest link in the film for me.

"I prefer to be called a hacker!"

"It's a UNIX system! I know this!"

I'll give her a break for "HE LEFT US!" because I could see a kid breaking down like that.