CJohn

Paddington 2 | 12 JAN 2018 | Warner Bros. Snags US Rights - Still on for the 12th.

On 28/11/2017 at 10:53 PM, AndyK said:

I wish they had released this for the Xmas season, its such a feel good movie.

Wouldn't have stood a chance against Jumanji and Ferdinand, the current release date is fine. I wonder if WB does distribute Paddington 3, if they'll give it a November or December release.

My friend who's at uni right now texted me, his parents are still in town I see them pretty often at the theatre. They're both PhD from Cambridge University so they're those really smart British people who always come to like the really intelligent movies.

"bro, my mum and dad are so upset that Paddington doesn't come out until the 12th because it's supposed to be a Christmas movie!"

If this really is some sort of Christmas staple in the U.K., I'm not surprised it's #1 at the box office there

this film is FANTASTIC.  somehow even more charming than the first.  really hope it can make a play for 100 domestic and if they DO a P3 I pray they're smart enough to release it in early December.  These movies are begging to be released during the Holiday corridor.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, DAJK said:

My friend who's at uni right now texted me, his parents are still in town I see them pretty often at the theatre. They're both PhD from Cambridge University so they're those really smart British people who always come to like the really intelligent movies.

"bro, my mum and dad are so upset that Paddington doesn't come out until the 12th because it's supposed to be a Christmas movie!"

If this really is some sort of Christmas staple in the U.K., I'm not surprised it's #1 at the box office there

It's done remarkably well here. It's not technically a Christmas film, but it's a great film for the holidays.