Join our Telegram group by clicking the following link:

https://t.me/joinchat/BDsV7QrWB2ogzJ811S043A

You can get Telegram by downloading the app and creating an account using your phone number. You can then change your username to your forum name.

jandrew

Spider-Man: Homecoming | July 7, 2017 | NOT THE MARVEL-DC THREAD

It's not.

Yes, it is. Sony's financing and distributing and has final creative say, but Feige and the other Marvel producers wouldn't be involved if they didn't receive equal credit and billing

The press release makes it pretty clear it's co-production. Just read the quotes from the Sony execs

• Like 4

I looked at my gf and "broke down." She said what and I said "its happening..." She said "Spiderman?"

She knows me. She knows the pain has been lifted.

• Like 15

The more superhero films get announced, the closer the day comes when audiences have gotten tired of superheroes and the trend dies. (thank god)

:rolleyes:

• Like 3

So wait, is it incorrect to say "say hello to the newest member of the avengers" *insert picture of spider-man?

Nope, not yet at least. 

• Like 2

But what about Avi Arad? What will become of him? Those are the important questions of the day.

• Like 2

The more superhero films get announced, the closer the day comes when audiences have gotten tired of superheroes and the trend dies. (thank god)

Lets not start this debate (again).

• Like 2

I hear this belief constantly and thus far there's no evidence to really support it. 

• Like 2

What's even more interesting is the possibility of MCU characters appearing in the Sony Spider-man movies.

Maybe we'll get movies along the lines of the old Marvel Team-up comics.

• Like 2

But what about Avi Arad? What will become of him? Those are the important questions of the day.

He's mentioned nowhere. I assume they tied him up and dumped him on a desert island

• Like 5

But your avatar has a superhero in it.

• Like 2

Thor: Ragnarok has been moved to Nov. 3, 2017 from its July 28, 2017 date. Black Panther will now open July 6, 2018, moving from Nov. 3, 2017. Captain Marvel moved to Nov. 2, 2018 from July 6, 2018, while Inhumans is slotted for July 12, 2019, from its original Nov. 2, 2018 date.

Marvel is going to have a lot of imput through Feige - who frankly is the MCU right now - or they wouldn't have moved their entire line up for it and especially since it looks like there will be a trade of characters both ways.  No way Marvel loans out characters to the Spider-man franchise and doesn't have control of them. 

I'm shocked Marvel moved their entire schedule.  I wonder how the move of BP affects him being in Infinity Wars and if there really any time to add Spider-man into Civil War in anything more than a cameo or if they've already written an alternate version with him in it.

• Like 8

I looked at my gf and "broke down." She said what and I said "its happening..." She said "Spiderman?"

She knows me. She knows the pain has been lifted.

Oh Jandrew, you live a sad life... ;)

I hear this belief constantly and thus far there's no evidence to really support it. 

Huh? It has always happened and will always happen. Make too much, you saturate the market, audiences become uninterested. Marvel has plans through to 2029 (?) but the superhero obsession will be over by then. This happens to every style of film. I guess they've gotta make as much as they can while it lasts though.

• Like 2

Why do you care?  Just don't watch them.  I skip movies in theaters I'm not interest in all the time.

• Like 4

Hope this means Spider-Woman can be used in the Captain Marvel franchise  :wub:

That would be the undisputed best thing to come out of this

• Like 4

Valid point though. The superhero movies will have to get bigger and bigger, Batman and Superman, Captain America and Iron Man and Spiderman, Avengers, Justice League. With basically every movie having a value added element or teams. The solo movies will be the ones that suffer moving forward.

Why do you care?  Just don't watch them.  I skip movies in theaters I'm not interest in all the time.

I watch films whether I think I'll like them or not. I certainly don't lose anything by watching any given film - it adds to my knowledge and understanding of cinema and the current films out there.

• Like 1

Andrew Garfield is all but gone.  Why re-cast the same actor for a re-boot?  Has that ever happened?  I doubt they want any ties to the ASM universe.  This is all brand new stuff.

• Like 2