Jump to content

Join our Telegram group by clicking the following link:

 

https://t.me/joinchat/BDsV7QrWB2ogzJ811S043A

 

You can get Telegram by downloading the app and creating an account using your phone number. You can then change your username to your forum name.

jandrew

Spider-Man: Homecoming | July 7, 2017 | NOT THE MARVEL-DC THREAD

Recommended Posts

6 minutes ago, PRESIDENT BKB said:

 

Unfortunately, that's what it's going to be though and I wouldn't be surprised if some of the reviews reflected that as well.. When you shove it down everyone's throat repeatedly, people begin to grow tired and will walk away.. They just want to be entertained is all..

Nothing is being pushed down anyone's throat. They made a high school in Queens actually look like a high school in Queens. There's no political statement by casting people to accurately reflect that. If you think there is, that's on you, not them.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

is this a safe space for me to admit i like the Snow Patrol Spider-Man 3 song? it's good!

 

I can't...remember it.

 

I think it was called like...Signal Fire? 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, Cmasterclay said:

Nothing is being pushed down anyone's throat. They made a high school in Queens actually look like a high school in Queens. There's no political statement by casting people to accurately reflect that. If you think there is, that's on you, not them.

 

Maybe the next Spider-Man reboot should be set in the same town from Pleasantville; that way there won't be any complaints with words like "PC culture," "SWJs," "Identity Politics," and "feminazis." It will be wholesome family fun for the entire [white, heterosexual, nuclear] family. :P 

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Cmasterclay said:

No offense, but this positivity culture stuff is going a little too far. Not everything is always sunshine and rainbows. We should be allowed to be just as vocal about skepticism and disappointment as we are about joy and excitement. I am really rooting for this movie for the same reasons as ddddeeee essentially. But to me, it looks like the most generic version of this movie they could have possibly made. It looks mediocre and boring. We have a right to be disappointed by that. It could very well surprise us, and I hope it does. But the only evidence we have is from the marketing, and that's how people here are feeling from the marketing. That's why they say it. It's a legitimate opinion. People should be able to voice that stuff, in this topic and otherwise, without being accused of shitting on something all the time. 

 

Hot take: Treating everything in life as sunshine and rainbows diminishes the actual great things in life, whether cultural stuff or personal stuff. 

 

If I were I fan this would be the last place I'd post...guess the front page post is invalid

 

I rarely post so I care relatively

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Cmasterclay said:

No offense, but this positivity culture stuff is going a little too far. Not everything is always sunshine and rainbows. We should be allowed to be just as vocal about skepticism and disappointment as we are about joy and excitement. I am really rooting for this movie for the same reasons as ddddeeee essentially. But to me, it looks like the most generic version of this movie they could have possibly made. It looks mediocre and boring. We have a right to be disappointed by that. It could very well surprise us, and I hope it does. But the only evidence we have is from the marketing, and that's how people here are feeling from the marketing. That's why they say it. It's a legitimate opinion. People should be able to voice that stuff, in this topic and otherwise, without being accused of shitting on something all the time. 

 

Hot take: Treating everything in life as sunshine and rainbows diminishes the actual great things in life, whether cultural stuff or personal stuff. 

 

I care very little about this movie or about Spider-Man in general, but while I agree with you that all opinions and expectations are valid and can be expressed, threads where people do nothing but bag on a movie that hasn't even opened just end up being miserable places to be. And that's not particularly fair to those who *are* invested. 

 

If you aren't excited about it, or think it looks bad, fair enough, and of course say so. The sunshine stuff is just a reminder that if you're doing nothing *but* that, maybe a better use of your time would be to post about other movies that you *are* excited about. 

 

(The "you" here is meant generally, not directed at you specifically, Cmaster).

  • Like 11

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posters popping up around London. While I'm not even the slightest bit excited for this movie, I'm starting to get the feeling it'll breakout big time. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Hatebox said:

Posters popping up around London. While I'm not even the slightest bit excited for this movie, I'm starting to get the feeling it'll breakout big time. 

 

giphy.gif

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Cochofles said:

Maybe the next Spider-Man reboot should be set in the same town from Pleasantville; that way there won't be any complaints with words like "PC culture," "SWJs," "Identity Politics," and "feminazis." It will be wholesome family fun for the entire [white, heterosexual, nuclear] family. :P 

 

But even Pleasantville became a hub of SJWisms and identity politics once Peter Parker arrived there :P

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, Spidey Freak said:

 

But even Pleasantville became a hub of SJWisms and identity politics once Peter Parker arrived there :P

 LOL So true!!! :D 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This will be huge.No doubt about it.120M/340M and maybe even more.The only thing that stops me from upping my prediction is that we had many Spider-Man films this decade (and some were down right awful) and maybe Guardian and WW saturated the demand for SH films.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't think pushing minority characters in a blockbuster is pushing down 'people's throat' if it is done well.

 

If a films cast a minority as some one-dimensional stereotypical character or frankly to avoid the label of 'being too white', then I get annoyed.

 

It should seem natural and if done well, it becomes something we get used to in see in our films in the future, then 'hey that character is a Latino!'  or more like 'he played his role well!' 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think the source of the problem is that most people suspect this movie is quite simply a cash grab

 

First of all it doesn't seem to be moving the story of the MCU forward. Really feels like a pointless but fun chapter.

 

One of the reasons why is because, when Marvel announced their full Phase 3 plans in 2014, Spider-Man: Homecoming wasn't in it. Then they added the movie later, but obviously he wasn't necessary or else they wouldn't have announced their whole plan already -- which means, Homecoming is a useless movie for the whole Phase 3 arc, and therefore, a useless movie in the grand scheme of things. No other phase 3 movie will suffer this problem as Homecoming was the only one added post-announcement (they might still be useless for all we know, but at least it's less obvious).

 

RDJ as Tony Stark screams $$$$$$$$$$ -- There are dozens of heroes in the MCU and yet, Stark it is! No shit, you just want to bank on him, it's beyond obvious even to the most oblivious of moviegoers.

 

The movie doesn't seem to be bringing anything new to the table, which brings up the cash grab aspect even more. Did they really work out a deal with Marvel just for... the same thing again?

 

Maybe it is different though, I don't know I haven't seen the movie. Purely going on marketing here.

 

There, I said what I thought. I'll be seeing this movie by the way, I hope it's a good movie, I really do, I really enjoy the MCU

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, Daxtreme said:

I think the source of the problem is that most people suspect this movie is quite simply a cash grab

 

First of all it doesn't seem to be moving the story of the MCU forward. Really feels like a pointless but fun chapter.

 

To be honest, that's one of the reasons I'm looking forward to it. And, aside from a few nuggets being shoe-horned in, one the reasons I liked Guardians Vol. 2 so much. But, I understand the complaint. What's funny though, for the superhero flicks this summer at least, none of 'em seem to be moving much of anything forward in the overarching MCU/DCEU.

Spoiler

I mean, Wonder Woman awkwardly bookends itself in the present just after the events of BvS but otherwise, the narrative is a flashback that doesn't even remotely more anything in the DCEU.

And, I think that's one of the reasons folks like Wonder Woman so much. It's refreshing that it's a departure from the usual in these extended/expanded universes for Marvel, DC, etc.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, Daxtreme said:

I think the source of the problem is that most people suspect this movie is quite simply a cash grab

 

First of all it doesn't seem to be moving the story of the MCU forward. Really feels like a pointless but fun chapter.

 

One of the reasons why is because, when Marvel announced their full Phase 3 plans in 2014, Spider-Man: Homecoming wasn't in it. Then they added the movie later, but obviously he wasn't necessary or else they wouldn't have announced their whole plan already -- which means, Homecoming is a useless movie for the whole Phase 3 arc, and therefore, a useless movie in the grand scheme of things. No other phase 3 movie will suffer this problem as Homecoming was the only one added post-announcement (they might still be useless for all we know, but at least it's less obvious).

 

RDJ as Tony Stark screams $$$$$$$$$$ -- There are dozens of heroes in the MCU and yet, Stark it is! No shit, you just want to bank on him, it's beyond obvious even to the most oblivious of moviegoers.

 

The movie doesn't seem to be bringing anything new to the table, which brings up the cash grab aspect even more. Did they really work out a deal with Marvel just for... the same thing again?

 

 

 

I see no lies here. ^^^

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, JohnnyGossamer said:

To be honest, that's one of the reasons I'm looking forward to it. And, aside from a few nuggets being shoe-horned in, one the reasons I liked Guardians Vol. 2 so much. But, I understand the complaint. What's funny though, for the superhero flicks this summer at least, none of 'em seem to be moving much of anything forward in the overarching MCU/DCEU.

  Reveal hidden contents

And, I think that's one of the reasons folks like Wonder Woman so much. It's refreshing that it's a departure from the usual in these extended/expanded universes for Marvel, DC, etc.

 

Well, for a chapter to happen on the side, it has to make sense.

 

Since WW happens in a World War 1 setting, it was like a flashback in a book, it kinda moves the story forward by providing important backstory for a character.

 

GOTG2 happened far, far away in the MCU galaxy, lightyears away from the nearest MCU protagonist, so it kinda makes sense that it's not related to The Avengers.

 

But Spider-Man: Homecoming is happening in New-York... exactly where The Avengers saved the world, where vigilantes are running amok (netflix shows), and where the Avengers tower was located before they split.

 

It better damn well be linked to the overarching story! :rofl:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.



×

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Guidelines. Feel free to read our Privacy Policy as well.