News
  • Official: COCO Opened to $2.3 Million Domestically on Tuesday Night

Join our Telegram group by clicking the following link:

https://t.me/joinchat/BDsV7QrWB2ogzJ811S043A

You can get Telegram by downloading the app and creating an account using your phone number. You can then change your username to your forum name.

jandrew

Spider-Man: Homecoming | July 7, 2017 | NOT THE MARVEL-DC THREAD

Yes, it is. Sony's financing and distributing and has final creative say, but Feige and the other Marvel producers wouldn't be involved if they didn't receive equal credit and billing

The press release makes it pretty clear it's co-production. Just read the quotes from the Sony execs

It also on Marvel twiitter page. 

Sony Pictures Entertainment Brings Marvel Studios Into The Amazing World Of Spider-Man http://marvel.com/news/movies/24062/sony_pictures_entertainment_brings_marvel_studios_into_the_amazing_world_of_spider-man @Marvel

How do post a twitter post?

• Like 1

Oh Jandrew, you live a sad life... ;)

Huh? It has always happened and will always happen. Make too much, you saturate the market, audiences become uninterested. Marvel has plans through to 2029 (?) but the superhero obsession will be over by then. This happens to every style of film. I guess they've gotta make as much as they can while it lasts though.

Financial Analysts predicted Iron Man would bomb since the boom would be over by the time it was released in 2008 and that Marvel had missed the boat and was doomed to failure as a film company.  Of course trends and types of movies end and those that don't adapt die out but there are no signs of this happening any time soon.   Westerns and musicals ruled the screen for almost half a century and in numbers that dwarf any amount of Superhero or comic book film and they're still produced after their bust 40 years later but in smaller numbers.

Edited by TalismanRing
  • Like 2

Hope this means Spider-Woman can be used in the Captain Marvel franchise  :wub:

That would be the undisputed best thing to come out of this

Really though. Captain Marvel, Spider Woman, She Hulk. I want them. Add in Gamora and Black Widow, and mannnn. She Hulk is probably the most I'd love to see though. I thought she was a bland character, but I read her bios and shes not ehat I expected. Really need to see these girls in action.

• Like 2

Valid point though. The superhero movies will have to get bigger and bigger, Batman and Superman, Captain America and Iron Man and Spiderman, Avengers, Justice League. With basically every movie having a value added element or teams. The solo movies will be the ones that suffer moving forward.

Yeah, but as long as they can make them as varied and as interesting as The MCU movies have been this gen, I'm sure a lot of moviegoers will still show up. 

• Like 1

It'll be interesting if Fox or WB makes adjustments to their film slates with this news. 2017 is looking like another solid year.

Edited by Jonwo
  • Like 1

Hope this means Spider-Woman can be used in the Captain Marvel franchise  :wub:

That would be the undisputed best thing to come out of this

One of Marvel's ultimate slash couples.

This must happen.

Man, cocho would die of happiness over it.

• Like 1

Financial Analysts predicted Iron Man predicted the boom would be over by the time it was release in 2008 and that Marvel had missed the boat an was doomed to failure.  Of course trends and types of movies end and those that don't adapt die out but there are no signs of this happening any time soon.   Westerns and musicals ruled the screen for almost half a century and in numbers that dwarf any amount of Superhero or comic book film and they're still produced after their bust 40 years later but in smaller numbers.

Superhero movies will still be around in 10 years but I doubt we be seeing 7 major tentpole superhero films. I am guessing we will most likely see 2 a year. 

• Like 2

I never thought I'd see the day... I guess that sinister six bullshit is dead now, right?

It will be delayed until 2021 when Marvel makes it happen. 

What a shame that the Aunt May movie was cancelled for this.

Marvel Studio will make sure this happens. They must make sure this happens. 

Edited by Snoopy of Suburbia
  • Like 3

Ah, why did they have to push back all the other films??  I'm definitely excited about a new Spidey film, but not as much as Thor and everybody else.  But perhaps when the movie comes out, I'll change my mind.

• Like 1

As for the request to archive this thread, trying to see if the On The Lot thread that was created for the next Spider-Man movie may need to be merged with this thread before I do it.

Edited by #ED
  • Like 1

Marvel Studio will make sure this happens. They must make sure this happens. 

There's no way they'd let that masterpiece be cancelled. 

• Like 3

Superhero movies will still be around in 10 years but I doubt we be seeing 7 major tentpole superhero films. I am guessing we will most likely see 2 a year. 

I doubt it.  Maybe down to 3-4 but not 2 since they are spread over 4 different studios.  The MCU makes comic films - that's what they do - they will not stop doing that.  WB has Batman who will forever be reinvented even if the DCU fails.  Fox has to produced films or their licenses will expire, and even with this deal Sony most likely does as well.

Edited by TalismanRing

As for the request to archive this thread, trying to see if the On The Lot thread that was created for the next Spider-Man movie may need to be merged with this thread

Give JAndrew his victory. He created this fair and square.

• Like 8

As for the request to archive this thread, trying to see if the On The Lot thread that was created for the next Spider-Man movie may need to be merged with this thread

I didnt see one as this was just announced. Just Amazing Spiderman 3 and thats dead. If its merged, will I still get to keep this thread since this is the one thats actually happening?

• Like 1

But what about Avi Arad? What will become of him? Those are the important questions of the day.

Deadline says he's been relegated to an "executive producer" position:

Matt Tolmach and Avi Arad, who produced the most recent Amazing Spider-Man films directed by Marc Webb, will become exec producers going forward. Arad has a long history with Marvel, helping rescue the company from bankruptcy, among other things; Tolmach spearheaded the original Sam Raimi-directed trilogy as SPE production co-president, before joining Arad when he transitioned into producing.

http://deadline.com/2015/02/spider-man-marvel-kevin-feige-amy-pascal-producers-1201370228/

• Like 1

Great news. With the shuffling around by Marvel, no question Spidey will be a key player in the Infinity Wars.  :wub:

• Like 4