Noctis

Noctis' Top 50 Of The Decade So Far...TOP TEN BEGINS

Of course we all bring our own perspective and understanding to anything we watch. But it's worth considering that the main character isn't western and that there are other perspectives beyond our own that might be worthy of consideration for certain stories.

Okay honestly, I don't really know what we are arguing here. I'm not saying my perspective and experience is all that matters. I think I may have misunderstood what you guys were saying (or expressed my thoughts poorly). I agree 100% with your above comment so I'll leave it at that. :)

• Like 1

Life of Pi is great! ZDT on the other hand I think is overrated and just good. I would give it a low B. :ph34r:

I agree. I don't get why everyone raves about it so much; I think it's very solid and interesting, but ultimately not all that special. 

• Like 2

I agree. I don't get why everyone raves about it so much; I think it's very solid and interesting, but ultimately not all that special. 

I haven't been able to watch it, I am not a fan of Kathryn Bigelow, I thought The Hurt locker was one of the most boring first half of a movie I've ever seen. and my Nephew saw Zero Dark Thirty and said it was most boring movie he'd ever seen. (he is 14 and has extremely mature taste for his age) 

I haven't been able to watch it, I am not a fan of Kathryn Bigelow, I thought The Hurt locker was one of the most boring first half of a movie I've ever seen. and my Nephew saw Zero Dark Thirty and said it was most boring movie he'd ever seen. (he is 14 and has extremely mature taste for his age) 

It's on Netflix if you want to watch. Though it is way too long and you could find it boring :)

It's on Netflix if you want to watch. Though it is way too long and you could find it boring :)

Streaming must be different in the UK. because it isn't on Netflix for me. it does have Chris Pratt in it and that alone makes me want to see it a little. but I heard he isn't even in it till like the last 15 minutes.  

Streaming must be different in the UK. because it isn't on Netflix for me. it does have Chris Pratt in it and that alone makes me want to see it a little. but I heard he isn't even in it till like the last 15 minutes.  

He's in the last 15 minutes but 12 of those minutes he has a helmet covering his face and it's pitch black :P

Download Hola and browse Netflix from the UK if you want to watch films on the UK site. (It's annoying how Netflix has different films in different countries...)

He's in the last 15 minutes but 12 of those minutes he has a helmet covering his face and it's pitch black :P

Download Hola and browse Netflix from the UK if you want to watch films on the UK site. (It's annoying how Netflix has different films in different countries...)

will I still be able to switch between the UK and US Netflix options? 

why would they cover his beautiful face?  :stamp:

will I still be able to switch between the UK and US Netflix options? 

why would they cover his beautiful face?  :stamp:

Yes you can switch between any country you want at will. You can't have multiple libraries on the same page but just choose a country, refresh Netflix and you'll be on that country's Netflix. :)

I personally use Media Hint rather than Hola as Hola's servers are less reliable, but I don't think Media Hint allows access to any country other than US.

• Like 1

Finally back...bitches banned me right before I started my top ten...

rw4obpFWr6Ryypm6YXa8jEd5tGr.jpg

10. OUT IN THE DARK 

"Where the truth must be hidden, love lives in the shadows."

One of my favorite love stories, Out in the Dark is a powerful exploration of the forbidden love between a Palestinian student and an Israeli lawyer. It does not matter what your opinions are regarding the complex Palestine-Israel struggle, as the love story is so strong and believable that it transcends differing political ideologies. The two leads have electrifying chemistry with one another, and their performances are so moving. The story naturally progresses into darker territory, and the ending of the film is something you won't be able to forget. It'll stay with you. There is something so beautiful and genuine about finding love in a paranoid world ruled by distrust and prejudice. It goes to show how the very act of love can and will bring people together, no matter where they're from. A stunning film that everyone here needs to see. 

Edited by Noctis
  • Like 1

hunger-games-5.jpg

9. THE HUNGER GAMES: CATCHING FIRE

"Katniss Everdeen has become a beacon of hope for them, so she has to be eliminated."

Catching Fire is one of the best sci-fi sequels ever made, and it stands tall above the other two in the series. It's a more confident film, and the thought-provoking themes laid out in the first film are explored more deeply here. It's far and away the best blockbuster of 2013, and one of the few that is just as emotionally gripping as it is thrilling in its brilliant action sequences. Powered by a phenomenal performance from Jennifer Lawrence as the resilient and strong-willed Katniss Everdeen, Catching Fire is an intelligent, thoughtful, and emotionally resonant film that has important messages to convey about the state of our world today. I will always love this film. 

I teared up a lot during this scene.

• Like 4