Noctis

Noctis' Top 50 Of The Decade So Far...TOP TEN BEGINS

The Lego Movie's live action bit is dumb. When I heard that the big twist in the film was that there was a live action bit I got so excited. I thought they could do so much and have an emotionally touching scene that meant a lot to children who used to play with toys as children. To say the least they didn't. They have some weird the thing about a freakishly controlling dad and his son, which whatever, It's OK I guess. But then The Lego moves and that was just dumb. So the kid had been playing with these Legos the while movie supposedly yet they supposedly have free will. And maybe if they could have taken the time explain more about the Lego having free will then it would make sense and maybe even be touching but it's not and it's dumb.

Theive action bit is why I gave the film a B+ instead of an A or A-

• Like 1

Dawn-of-the-Planet-of-the-Apes_apes-on-h

48. DAWN OF THE PLANET OF THE APES 

"From humans, Kobe only learned hate. But nothing else."

I have confessed before that while Rise is so far from a bad film, it's still not a particularly good one despite the interesting ideas. But Dawn? It's such a huge improvement over its predecessor in almost every way imaginable. The story is far more compelling, the characters feel more alive and complex, and there is a genuine sense of fear and urgency that very few blockbusters manage to capture so effectively. It's what summer blockbusters should be but rarely are today - intelligent, engaging, and where the audiences feel totally committed to the journey of the characters. Brilliantly done science-fiction film that I have no doubt will be discussed for years to come.

locke_2885177b.jpg

47. LOCKE

"When I left this site just over two hours ago, I had a job, a wife, a home. And now I have none of those things."

An 85 minute film where the camera is focused on a man in a car from start to finish...yea, I didn't really know what to expect from this at all, but I ended up being hugely surprised at how captivating it was from the minute it started until the credits rolled. And that is entirely because of Tom Hardy's utterly mesmerizing performance. He was so damn good that I didn't waste time daydreaming about his gorgeous lips. 

I completely agree with you on Rise and Dawn. and I obviously love Locke

Edited by Visor shades Kalo
  • Like 1

The live action scene made me get emotional with the father and son relationship and I even shed a tear or two. However, I know that doesn't mean much since I cry easily at movies, but still. :P

I actually don't think i did get teary eyed, which is odd cause I cry at everything. Winter Soldier made be tear up. :P

• Like 2

Uh...was TWS supposed to be emotional? It's such a good film, but what was supposed to be sad?

Fun info...I have two SH movies on this list.

The scene with Peggy was emotional because it was her first time seeing Steve in over 60 years. There scene at the end if TFA at the end made me cry and so did this. I loved their relationship and it was the heart of the first movie.

I cried at TWS too during the scene with Peggy.

I think I actually teared up, when he told Bucky to finish it and because he was with him to the end of the line, but I think i teared up at the Peggy scene too.

• Like 2

my sister's have hearts of stone though, they never cry for anything (in movies), I think in Fault in our Stars they said they might have shed a tear.  :unsure:

• Like 2

The scene with Peggy was emotional because it was her first time seeing Steve in over 60 years. 

Uh no, the scene implies Steve's visited her several times at least. It's just that the onset of her dementia sometimes causes her to forget and think she is seeing him again for the first time.

• Like 2

Uh no, the scene implies Steve's visited her several times at least. It's just that the onset of her dementia sometimes causes her to forget and think she is seeing him again for the first time.

You are right. My mind had a mess up. It has been a few months since I last watched it. :lol:

Edited by BDSeMpire
  • Like 1