K1stpierre

Weekend #s | 50SOG 81m, (RTH Sunday puts it at about 84M) Kings 35.6, AS 16m, JA 9.43m (official) | all #s on p1

Saw 50 Shades and it felt like much ado about nothing. So he ties her up and tickles her and gently "whips" her? That's it? Whatever. Also hated how Christian is the very first character we see onscreen. Where's the mystery? Where's the buildup? No one remembers Jaws? Jamie Dornan's failed American accent was super distracting. Dakota Johnson did well making a pathetic character seem a little less pathetic. I'd give it a C. 

I don't see it hitting $200M DBO. 

Oh and I love how the "feminist" Beyonce attached her name to this. Illiterate fraud. 

Edited by Boogie Nights
  • Like 3

Ray Subers oughta be fired for his weak-ass headline game. seriously? on this weekend with the possibilities "grey makes green" is your best?

Yeah, that is just lazy and uninspired.

After the Great Mojo Outage of '14, we should be grateful that Subers is there to write anything at all. ;)
  • Like 3

Why is she illiterate?

I think sex scares a lot of guys.  It's the only logical thing I can come up with as to why there is so much backlash to this film before people see it.

I bet if the internet existed IN 1972, boys and young men would be making puerile jokes about Last tango in Paris  as well.  So much hate and no one can tell us why they do.

Edited by Mr Voorhees will C U now
  • Like 6

I think sex scares a lot of guys.  It's the only logical thing I can come up with as to why there is so much backlash to this film before people see it.

I bet if the internet existed IN 1972, boys and young men would be making puerile jokes about it as well.  So much hate and no one can tell us why they do.

many women bash this book and movie as well though, saying it is misogynistic.