K1stpierre

Weekend #s | 50SOG 81m, (RTH Sunday puts it at about 84M) Kings 35.6, AS 16m, JA 9.43m (official) | all #s on p1

It's the middle of February and fucking freezing out. It's not a summer or holiday midnight release where people have off and are comfortable to rush out to see it. It's a hard R, non-summer release that skews older and has a legendary Saturday coming up. Stop overreacting. And stop proclaiming victory, Neo and Ando, for goodness sake.

• Like 3

It's the middle of February and fucking freezing out. It's not a summer or holiday midnight release where people have off and are comfortable to rush out to see it. It's a hard R, non-summer release that skews older and has a legendary Saturday coming up. Stop overreacting. And stop proclaiming victory, Neo and Ando, for goodness sake.

This should be the motto around here:

mila-relax.gif

• Like 1

I know now why I still can t predict shit bo wise.

It s the fucking dollar man, using the dollar to account for bo is useless, worthless, an exercise in futility. People compare this movie with the first Twilight.

Hello ?

What s the fucking point ?

None.Twilight was 7 years ago which means 7 years of ticket price inflation.

Wait, it gets worse when you predict bo worldwide, you got to be an expert in exchange rates. If it weren t for the recent monetary turmoils, The Hobbit 3 would have been a B dollar grosser and all other blockbusters would have bigger grosses too.

Basically, you can adjust the dom bo and even there, it s no perfect science to have the exact, reliable number of tickets sold. Hell, we can t even answer to the question : who sold more tickets, The Dark Knight or Avatar ?

Adjusting the BO WW is just impossible so comparisons even from year to year mean abslolutely Nothing.

The Dollar is such a relative unit.

Sorry for the rant.

• Like 1

I know now why I still can t predict shit bo wise.

It s the fucking dollar man, using the dollar to account for bo is useless, worthless, an exercise in futility. People compare this movie with the first Twilight.

Hello ?

What s the fucking point ?

None.Twilight was 7 years ago which means 7 years of ticket price inflation.

Wait, it gets worse when you predict bo worldwide, you got to be an expert in exchange rates. If it weren t for the recent monetary turmoils, The Hobbit 3 would have been a B dollar grosser and all other blockbusters would have bigger grosses too.

Basically, you can adjust the dom bo and even there, it s no perfect science to have the exact, reliable number of tickets sold. Hell, we can t even answer to the question : who sold more tickets, The Dark Knight or Avatar ?

Adjusting the BO WW is just impossible so comparisons even from year to year mean abslolutely Nothing.

The Dollar is such a relative unit.

Sorry for the rant.

:ohmygod: :WHATanabe:

• Like 2

Nearby Movie Tavern is sold out from 4pm on tomorrow but only 2 showings so far tonight. 

Obviously that kind of theater is more likely to be affected by Valentine's Day, but it's still cool to see. 

Edited by cory

Yeah, that doesn't surprise me actually.  Just like I had mentioned in the other thread, we only had 580 last night.

What I failed to mention, was that we had 490 presold througout the three day weekend, so it could end up holding a bit better than we were expecting.

• Like 2