James

James' Top 50 Of The Decade So Far (It all ends here...)

you know, you have a lot of movies that I really disagree with, like a lot, but now you do have some truly great films listed too. not too bad afterall :D

Edited by Visor shades Kalo
  • Like 1

On reflection I think DH1 is my number one of the series. It feels so moody and different to the rest of them. And its absolutely stunningly filmed.

Still haven't caught OST yet. I actually kind of liked AWE, it was a total mess but an ambitous and entertaining one none the less. I think Pirates needs a Gore Verbinski to wring the weirdness from the material... My worry is that OST is bland without his touch. Ah well I guess I should catch it.

I'm guessing Cloud Atlas will be up there on your list James?

• Like 3

On reflection I think DH1 is my number one of the series. It feels so moody and different to the rest of them. And its absolutely stunningly filmed.

Still haven't caught OST yet. I actually kind of liked AWE, it was a total mess but an ambitous and entertaining one none the less. I think Pirates needs a Gore Verbinski to wring the weirdness from the material... My worry is that OST is bland without his touch. Ah well I guess I should catch it.

I'm guessing Cloud Atlas will be up there on your list James?

Cloud Atlas was #29.  :)

8. Star Trek Into Darkness (2013)

Star-Trek-3-Gets-Official-Release-Date-f

This is my second favourite SF of the decade so far and it the best space opera ever made. JJ Abrams manages to transform ‘Star Trek’ from a property I never had the smallest desire to watch into a cool, action packed blockbuster that gives me hope ‘Star Wars VII’ will not be as bad as the laughable first teaser and the history suggest.

A big advantage is Chris Pine. It is impossible not to like the guy: firstly because he objectively is a great actor and secondly – because he is (also objectively) what Megan Fox is for women – pure eye candy.  :lol: 

Cumberbatch’s addition only seals the deal. ‘Star Trek Into Darkness’ is epic, the battle scenes are crazy and the world building is even better.

Soundtrack wise, it delivers one of my most played songs of 2013:

Grade: 96/100

Edited by 69 Shades of James
  • Like 1

8. Star Trek Into Darkness (2013)

Star-Trek-3-Gets-Official-Release-Date-f

This is my second favourite SF of the decade so far and it the best space opera ever made. JJ Abrams manages to transform ‘Star Trek’ from a property I never had the smallest desire to watch into a cool, action packed blockbuster that gives me hope ‘Star Wars VII’ will not be as bad as the laughable first teaser and the history suggest.

A big advantage is Chris Pine. It is impossible not to like the guy: firstly because he objectively is a great actor and secondly – because he is (also objectively) what Megan Fox is for women – pure eye candy.  :lol: 

Cumberbatch’s addition only seals the deal. ‘Star Trek Into Darkness’ is epic, the battle scenes are crazy and the world building is even better.

Soundtrack wise, it delivers one of my most played songs of 2013:

Grade: 96/100

I didn't like it quite as well as the first one, but it's still amazing.