James

James' Top 50 Of The Decade So Far (It all ends here...)

Nah, it wasn't as charming as it could have been (and how the earlier versions were)... but it definately called for a sequel that will hopefully come soon.

When a film has a character that's a dog that manages to piss me off it's not good. I love Dogs! They're more likable than people most of the time, but the dog in this movie... No.

40. The Secret Life of Walter Mitty (2013)

secret-life-of-walter-mitty-plane-poster

This movie really leave it's mark on me because it brings together so many of my own beliefs and goals. It's a general line of thinking that, just as the main character, everyone wants more from his/her life. So this is a very relatable movie. I'm not a big fan of Ben Stiller, but I found him great in this. It was also a surprise to me to find out he directed the movie. I think if he ever gave up acting, he could very well make a name for himself as a director. 

As I said before, it's hard for anything, especially a movie to faze me this much, but this did.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KZnu7fVRPIc

Grade: 72/100

39. The Bourne Legacy (2012)

84782.jpg

This is the first Bourne movie I've seen and I found it to be excellent. After that, I watched the original trilogy and 'Legacy' lost some of it's luster in my eyes. But even so, it is still one hell of a film. Renner is no Damon, but he gets the job done and the overall level satisfaction I got from the movie was above the one from similar releases: 'Mission Impossible' for example. 

Grade: 72/100

Edited by 69 Shades of James
  • Like 6

38. Battleship

battleship_poster-400x565.jpg

I guess this will make some people snicker but it was a pure adrenaline rush with silly lines and some slapstick humor for me. As I mentioned in another thread, when I go see a blockbuster I put my brain on autopilot and just immerse into the world presented to me. 'Battleship' isn't original or well acted, but it's an alien invasion flick and that counts a lot in my book, as seen before ('Battle: Los Angels'). Plus, it has Rihanna trying so hard to deliver a line. I mean, c'mon, there are comedies that aren't that lol-worthy. :lol:

tumblr_lp7um9YY1m1qzei1bo1_500.gif

Grade: 73/100

37. Paranoia

paranoia-movie-wallpaper-1.jpg

This was a nice, little, smart movie, despite what anyone else is saying. I actually prefer Liam as an actor to his brother and he really proves his worth in this Robert Luketic vehicle. The fact that Oldman co-casted was a huge plus. 

I found 'Paranoia' to be very moody in a way, and the central idea also appealed to me, together with it's moral consequences that were beautifully covered.

Grade: 74/100

Edited by 69 Shades of James
  • Like 1

Adventures of Tintin's visual style is just disturbing. I can't watch that movie.

that's how I feel I tried to watch it but the way they animated the characters made me sick.

• Like 2

38. Battleship

battleship_poster-400x565.jpg

I guess this will make some people snicker but it was a pure adrenaline rush with silly lines and some slapstick humor for me. As I mentioned in another thread, when I go see a blockbuster I put my brain on autopilot and just immerse into the world presented to me. 'Battleship' isn't original or well acted, but it's an alien invasion flick and that counts a lot in my book, as seen before ('Battle: Los Angels'). Plus, it has Rihanna trying so hard to deliver a line. I mean, c'mon, there are comedies that aren't that lol-worthy. :lol:

tumblr_lp7um9YY1m1qzei1bo1_500.gif

Grade: 73/100

37. Paranoia

paranoia-movie-wallpaper-1.jpg

This was a nice, little, smart movie, despite what anyone else is saying. I actually prefer Liam as an actor to his brother and he really proves his worth in this Robert Luketic vehicle. The fact that Oldman co-casted was a huge plus. 

I found 'Paranoia' to be very moody in a way, and the central idea also appealed to me, together with it's moral consequences that were beautifully covered.

Grade: 74/100

:rofl: I'm sorry James, I like you you're a cool guy, but so far I think I disagree with 100% of your list. wait didn't see Walter Mitty was on there, make that 95%. (I do wanna see Frozen though)

Edited by Visor shades Kalo
  • Like 2

:rofl: I'm sorry James, I like you you're a cool guy, but so far I think I disagree with 100% of your list. wait didn't see Walter Mitty was on there, make that 95%. (I do wanna see Frozen though)

Man oh man, I think the % will get again very very close to 100% as I go forward :P

• Like 2