James

James' Top 50 Of The Decade So Far (It all ends here...)

James and my tastes aren't as similar as some people seem to think.

I agree, Ethan mostly likes blockbusters and animated films, James just likes bad acquired taste movies  :ph34r:

Edited by Visor shades Kalo
  • Like 3

Oh wait Ethan hates star wars though. anyone who hates star wars automatically has bad taste in movies by default.  

disagree, the Original Star wars is nothings great and ROTJ is laughably bad. Empire of course is the best one but people overrate the hell out of the OT through pure nostalgia reasons.

• Like 2

34. X-Men: Days of Future Past (2014)

x_men_days_of_future_past_by_magneto.jpg

This is the first of only two superhero movies on the list and it is my second favourite X-Men movie after 'The Last Stand'. The idea of bringing together the same characters from different time lines was a truly inspired one and and the fact that Magneto was heavily featured was probably the best thing about this Bryan Singer vehicle. The movie actually has one of the most impressive scenes ever seen in a superhero flick.

magneto,%20x%20men,%20rfk.gif

My only complaint is the absence of arguably the most interesting character in the X-Men universe: Jean Grey (Phoenix).

Grade: 76/100

33. Clash of the Titans (2010)

clash-of-the-titans-movie-poster-3d-7-41

I am crazy about Greek mythology and history in general (there's probably no country on Earth with such a rich culture... maybe Italy, maybe) and was everything I ever wanted in a movie with this subject. The visuals are incredible, the acting is ok and they actually respect most of the myths which is rare in Hollywood. It was a perfect popcorn flick and an insane adrenaline rush. Beeing a little high while watching it makes it even better.

4099762-clash-of-the-titans-kraken.jpg

Grade: 77/100 

Edited by 69 Shades of James
  • Like 3

So now you go ahead and put one of my favorite movies of this year followed by one of the worst movies I've ever seen in the same post...

189.gif

At least you can't a accuse me of being predictable  :P which is what most lists on these forums are. 

• Like 4

34. X-Men: Days of Future Past (2014)

x_men_days_of_future_past_by_magneto.jpg

This is the first of only two superhero movies on the list and it is my second favourite X-Men movie after 'The Last Stand'. The idea of bringing together the same characters from different time lines was a truly inspired one and and the fact that Magneto was heavily featured was probably the best thing about this Bryan Singer vehicle. The movie actually has one of the most impressive scenes ever seen in a superhero flick.

magneto,%20x%20men,%20rfk.gif

My only complaint is the absence of arguably the most interesting character in the X-Men universe: Jean Grey (Phoenix).

Grade: 76/100

33. Clash of the Titans (2010)

clash-of-the-titans-movie-poster-3d-7-41

I am crazy about Greek mythology and history in general (there's probably no country on Earth with such a rich culture... maybe Italy, maybe) and was everything I ever wanted in a movie with this subject. The visuals are incredible, the acting is ok and they actually respect most of the myths which is rare in Hollywood. It was a perfect popcorn flick and an insane adrenaline rush. Beeing a little high while watching it makes it even better.

4099762-clash-of-the-titans-kraken.jpg

Grade: 77/100 

LOVED X-Men Days of Future past, finally something we really agree on. and I actually liked Clash too. 

• Like 1

32. Godzilla (2014)

GZLA_IMAXart_DOM_Blog_1000x1460-610x890.

Not only was this the source of one of the most legendary gifs ever, but it also was a pretty memorable ride. Unlike other people, I wasn't really bothered by the lack of the actual monster in the movie. The tension was enough to make my IMAX experience worthwhile. Add to that some impressive scenes towards the end of the movie and there you have it: a home run.

Also, the soundtrack for this is off the charts. Have you listened to this shit:

It's insane!!

Grade: 79/100

31. Horrible Bosses 2 (2014)

horrible-bosses-2-poster-1-405x600.jpg

This will be the first movie graded with 80/100 (so we're entering the true top). The second part of 'Horrible Bosses' was brilliant. Haha, it was actually funnier than the first one. Great casting and they really struck a gold mine with adding Pine. Man oh man, he's awesome. He's probably among the most versatile actors working today, and his psychotic caracter was a lot of fun to watch. I laughed so much my eyes got teary but what really elevated this movie was, again, the acting. Pine, of course, Aniston is perfect as always and it seems Bateman can't really make a movie I don't like. 'This Is Where I Leave You', 'Bad Words', 'Identity Thief' were all funny as hell.

tumblr_ncs03qXCan1s0zc4no1_500.gif

Grade: 80/100

• Like 5

32. Godzilla (2014)

GZLA_IMAXart_DOM_Blog_1000x1460-610x890.

Not only was this the source of one of the most legendary gifs ever, but it also was a pretty memorable ride. Unlike other people, I wasn't really bothered by the lack of the actual monster in the movie. The tension was enough to make my IMAX experience worthwhile. Add to that some impressive scenes towards the end of the movie and there you have it: a home run.

Also, the soundtrack for this is off the charts. Have you listened to this shit:

It's insane!!

Grade: 79/100

31. Horrible Bosses 2 (2014)

horrible-bosses-2-poster-1-405x600.jpg

This will be the first movie graded with 80/100 (so we're entering the true top). The second part of 'Horrible Bosses' was brilliant. Haha, it was actually funnier than the first one. Great casting and they really struck a gold mine with adding Pine. Man oh man, he's awesome. He's probably among the most versatile actors working today, and his psychotic caracter was a lot of fun to watch. I laughed so much my eyes got teary but what really elevated this movie was, again, the acting. Pine, of course, Aniston is perfect as always and it seems Bateman can't really make a movie I don't like. 'This Is Where I Leave You', 'Bad Words', 'Identity Thief' were all funny as hell.

tumblr_ncs03qXCan1s0zc4no1_500.gif

Grade: 80/100

I loved most of you picks so far, and I do think Battleship is extremely underratted but you Godzilla pick is the worst so far :( (I realy realy realy hate that movie :D)

• Like 1