Beginning on August 1, 2017 all free accounts will have the same avatar size as all paid accounts. This means you will be able to upload larger avatars on that day if you have a free account and this will no longer be a paid perk.

Aliens  

43 members have voted

1. 1. Grade Aliens

• A
    • B
    • C
    • D
    • F

When I saw this I thought, "Wow, Avatar heavily relates to this movie." what with the robot things people got in and a lot of other stuff.

I agree, very good film. It shares the claustrophoby and military action genes with Abyss respectively Avatar. If you compare this to "Alien", Aliens is longer (maybe a bit too long?) and it raises the stakes by throwing a child (Newt) into the action. While this works on an emotional level, it also makes for some cheesy and/or forced moments.My favourite character is Bishop (Lance Henriksen - I like his face, he lifts most films he's in to a better level - see "Pumpkinhead").One question remains: What's the matter with those motion detectors?! It seems they're not only useless; in contrary they always worsen the situation. Here as in "Alien" everybody would be better off just throwing those buggy things out the nearest chute (or at the nearest alien!)

Almost as good as the first..9,5/10

• Like 2

Probably one of the best action movies I've ever seen. Great acting, the music paces very well with some heart stopping moments. There's like no flaw at all, at least to me.A+

• Like 1

This is Cameron's best film and I don't think you can make a better movie. This is the pinnacle of film making. Script, cast, acting, directing, music, cinematography, it's just brilliance personified.10.5/10

• Like 6

Probably one of the most influential sci-fi pieces of fiction of the past 50 years. So many contemporary sci-fi novels, comics, films, and video games have nods to or have elements lifted from this film.

• Like 1

Almost as good as the first..9,5/10

Alien 10/10Aliens 10/10Alien is the darker and more mysterious scifi film, Aliens is the more character driven action film. I can't choose between the 2.
  • Like 5

I don't love it as much as the first (put simply, the Aliens aren't scary in this one) but Cameron did very well to create his own thing and, inadvertently, create the space-marine that would inform almost every first person shooter videogame.

I don't love it as much as the first (put simply, the Aliens aren't scary in this one) but Cameron did very well to create his own thing and, inadvertently, create the space-marine that would inform almost every first person shooter videogame.

Yeah, I don't really look at Aliens as a sequel to Alien. They're just too different, not just because one is horror and the other is action, but because the Xenomorph in Alien is the "perfect organism" that is also very smart and shouldn't exist(this is why I liked the last scene in Prometheus a lot). In Aliens they were turned into a species of giant mindless space ants that were treated as mere cannon fodder. One other thing I liked about the Xenomorph in Alien is that I think it looked a lot better. In Aliens they looked a little too "mechanical" to me and less organic. The most obvious example was getting rid of the smooth head. Cameron got away with all this because he expanded the universe a LOT and gave us some fucking awesome characters. Vasquez and Hudson were my favorite. You also can't go wrong with the Queen. They're both perfect films for what they are. Edited by Shpongle

A perfect action movie no doubt, I was terrified at 7, when my dad showed me this. My biggest complaint is this was shot 1:85 and not 2:35. Even Cameron wishes he could go back and shoot 2:35.

Overall its close but Alien > Aliens

A (94)

• Like 1

In the Double Secret Special Edition Gerty appears as Newts sister. She calls Newt penis breath gets sent to her room and when the aliens attack, she dies a horrible death.

Edited by baumer
  • Like 1

I thought this was a sequel to E.T.

Not enough cuddling.

D+

You secure that shit Tele!

Edited by vc2002
  • Like 3