stripe

Score and soundtracks - 2015 discussion

What was the last good Spielberg & Williams collaboration? War of the Worlds?

War of the Worlds has a strong score (on par with War Horse), but Munich, Lincoln and Tintin had better scores, IMHO

• Like 1

After my first surprise of the year (Jupiter Ascending), I have finally listened to another great score: Wolf Totem, from James Horner. Still in my first listening right now, but great theme and some really strong cues from a strangely forgotten composer

Cinderella's the best score so far on album and in context of the movie. Wolf Totem's a big return to form for Horner, Jupiter Ascending is great but lacks quality themes to push it to the top, Elfman's Fifty Shades is lovely, Jackman's Kingsman is alright, I liked Zimmer's Chappie more than most, Tyler's Furious 7 is autopilot and Beltrami's The Seventh Son is one of his best.

Been a great year so far.

• Like 2

Cinderella's the best score so far on album and in context of the movie. Wolf Totem's a big return to form for Horner, Jupiter Ascending is great but lacks quality themes to push it to the top, Elfman's Fifty Shades is lovely, Jackman's Kingsman is alright, I liked Zimmer's Chappie more than most, Tyler's Furious 7 is autopilot and Beltrami's The Seventh Son is one of his best.

Been a great year so far.

Best tracks from Cinderella? I know you love Doyle, so nothing really surprising with your choice  :P

Best tracks from Cinderella? I know you love Doyle, so nothing really surprising with your choice  :P

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3NNtVlE9HvU&index=14&list=PLsmGlfWTzJzsjSTFzsC8BHpR7XUBoW8Uq

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X28qn-_VOc8&index=22&list=PLsmGlfWTzJzsjSTFzsC8BHpR7XUBoW8Uq

I do love Doyle but even so these are a set-up from his recent output. These two are incredible in context, the latter catching every single detail in the chase.

Ok! We are at the middle of the year.

Best scores so far:

Inside Out (Giacchino)

Cinderella (Doyle)

Jupiter Ascending (Giacchino)

Notable scores so far:

Jurassic World (Giacchino)

Avengers 2 (Tyler/Silvestri/Elfman)

Fifty Shades (Elfman)

Wolf Totem (Horner)

Amazing year for Giacchino. Soooo sad also for James Horner death

Edited by stripe

Neither Powell nor Silvestri worked on Avengers 2 stripe.

LOL

I always get confused with Tyler / Powell. :unsure: I don't know why

Silvestri's themes are still a big part of AoU, that's why I named him.

Fixed

Edited by stripe