Neo

Robin Hood | Nov 21 2018 | Lionsgate | Taron Egerton is Robin Hood, Jamie Foxx is Little John

I don't remember the Russell Crowe Robin Hood film lighting the box office on fire 5 years ago.

It didn't. It also wasn't very Robin Hood-y. These don't sound like they are either; they sound like lame efforts to inject "contemporary" franchises into this very old story. But that's how many execs think these days. They want another franchise and here's this property -- in the public domain, no less -- that practically everyone already knows about. And, in theory, someone could make a really cool, fun Robin Hood movie that would make a ton of money. In theory.

• Like 2

Robin Hood Reboot Pushed for Kingsman Sequel

http://www.superherohype.com/news/355603-robin-hood-reboot-pushed-for-kingsman-sequel#/slide/1

Robin Hood Reboot Pushed for Kingsman Sequel Taron Egerton will return for the Kingsman sequel which begins production in April Earlier this month, we reported that a small tiff was brewing over rising star Taron Egerton as Lionsgate had tapped the 25-year-old actor to star in their upcoming film Robin Hood: Origins, but his contractual commitment to a Kingsman sequel may prevent it. The Hollywood Reporter now brings word that Lionsgate has pushed production on “Robin Hood” to the end of the summer as the Kingsman sequel will begin shooting this April.

Damn, Edgerton the lead contender for Robin Hood and Han Solo, eh? Good for him. I enjoyed his performances in Kingsman and Testament of Youth. Alot more charisma than many of the young guys that Hollywood execs fantasy cast these days.

Also, wasn't the ORIGINAL script for the 2010 Robin Hood movie apparently fucking great? The one about the Sheriff of Nottingham as a "good guy" and Robin Hood as a "bad guy" with complex allegiances and an interesting detective-style take on the story? Because I'm all down to see that movie. Too bad Scott and Crowe kinda just up and decided "Eh, I'd rather just make a normal Robin Hood movie, thanks."

I don't think the the Errol Flynn film has to worry about losing it's place as the best Robin Hood movie.....

Another very questionable project that Lionsgate will spend too much money on. They seem to be on the road that New Line  followed after LOTR.

• Like 2

I don't think the the Errol Flynn film has to worry about losing it's place as the best Robin Hood movie.....

Another very questionable project that Lionsgate will spend too much money on. They seem to be on the road that New Line  followed after LOTR.

We don't know if they're preselling foreign territories to cover their budget. They might be fine.

• Like 1

http://deadline.com/2016/01/jamie-foxx-robin-hood-origins-little-john-taron-egerton-eve-hewson-1201680584/

Jamie Foxx did a good impression of Steve Harvey at last night’s Golden Globes, but here’s his next big-screen turn: He’ll play Little John in Robin Hood: Origins, the gritty Otto Bathurst-directed film that Lionsgate will put into production late summer or fall. He joins Kingsman: The Secret Servicestar Taron Egerton, who plays the title role, and Eve Hewson, who is set to play Maid Marian in a film that stars production after Egerton wraps the Kingsman sequel.