kayumanggi

THE DANISH GIRL | 11.27.15 | Focus | final domestic gross: $11,114,018

Completely agree. Rumor is she is being pushed supporting despite being a co-lead. I think she'll easily win that and even has a shot in lead.

If she goes lead, she will win. All other nominees (except Mulligan and potential Saorise) will be already winners (Bullock, Blanchett, Lawrence)

IMO, Vikander will have a better shot than Mulligan (lacks the wow, must-win factor) and Saorise (too young). 

• Like 1

I guess it's for the best that Hooper seems to have shot this largely without his bizarro diagonal camera angles, but it's hard to even actively dislike him now. This really looks like personality-free Oscar bait that could have been directed by anyone.

If she goes lead, she will win. All other nominees (except Mulligan and potential Saorise) will be already winners (Bullock, Blanchett, Lawrence)

IMO, Vikander will have a better shot than Mulligan (lacks the wow, must-win factor) and Saorise (too young).

I'm losing confidence in Ronan and I have a feeling that Suffragette is awful.

They might be ready to reward Lawerence or Blanchettt again, and if Alicia goes supporting I'd definitely be leaning towards that over Bullock or Rampling.

I am quite curious to see how Jolie plays into this race. The past 5 AFI openers have all gotten Globe nods and I'm inclined to think, if By the Sea is good, she wouldn't need all of the prerequisites.

• Like 1

Ah put a sock in it you guys.

Loved the trailer, second most anticipated film of the rest of the year now after the Martian. Looks a lot better than the Theory of Everything. I loved the King's Speech too.

I honestly hate all these Oscar bait comments. I am interested in the story being told even if all you want to see are superheroes in spandex and CGI action and explosions.

• Like 1

I honestly hate all these Oscar bait comments. I am interested in the story being told even if all you want to see are superheroes in spandex and CGI action and explosions.

In terms of genre conventions and playing up to audience expectations it's two sides of the same coin.

Incidentally, if people are interested in the premise of this movie they should check out a French film released this year called the New Girlfriend which presents a similar husband-as-cross-dresser scenario. It's played as a dark comedy rather than a prestige drama. http://www.imdb.com/title/tt3184934/

In terms of genre conventions and playing up to audience expectations it's two sides of the same coin.

Incidentally, if people are interested in the premise of this movie they should check out a French film released this year called the New Girlfriend which presents a similar husband-as-cross-dresser scenario. It's played as a dark comedy rather than a prestige drama. http://www.imdb.com/title/tt3184934/

I've already mentioned I like the talent involved.

Anyway, it's not like I cannot enjoy a blockbuster, i love them too. I just hate the many ignorant posters and people who call out Oscar bait when they don't even see the movies anyway, disregard critics and audience reception, insult the Oscars for not nominating shit like TDKR and in general only watch one type of film. Ignorance can fuck right off.

• Like 3

I've already mentioned I like the talent involved.

Anyway, it's not like I cannot enjoy a blockbuster, i love them too. I just hate the many ignorant posters and people who call out Oscar bait when they don't even see the movies anyway, disregard critics and audience reception, insult the Oscars for not nominating shit like TDKR and in general only watch one type of film. Ignorance can fuck right off.

I agree with you but calm down ha ha.

• Like 1

lol Some of you speak as if Oscar baits didn't have trailers like this. CONCUSSION screams Oscar bait. THE MARTIAN as well. MACBETH too.

I'm fucking pumped for the Martian, looks amazing.

But I'm sure some of these posters give it a pass because of Scott despite his spotty track record. There are also Prometheus apologists for that abortion of a movie.

It looks a lot better than Interstellar which is another thing people cannot handle on the Internet.

• Like 1