kayumanggi

THE DANISH GIRL | 11.27.15 | Focus | final domestic gross: $11,114,018

Inspired by the true story of Danish painter Einar Wegener and his wife, this tender portrait of a marriage asks: What do you do when someone you love wants to change? It starts with a question, a simple favor asked of a husband by his wife on an afternoon chilled by the Baltic wind while both are painting in their studio. Her portrait model has canceled, and would he mind slipping into a pair of women's shoes and stockings for a few moments so she can finish the painting on time. Of course, he answers. Anything at all. With that, one of the most passionate and unusual love stories of the twentieth century begins.

Edited by kayumanggi

I remember when Paltrow was attached to this, but she's too busy guest starring on Glee and blogging to take good roles nowadays :unsure:

Yeah I remember when it was announced with Paltrow and Nicole Kidman? but I'm happy to see that they went with a man for the role.

Does this has a distributor yet?

The first photo of Eddie Redmayne in Tom Hooper's 'The Danish Girl.' pic.twitter.com/izFau6gWrd— The Film Stage (@TheFilmStage) February 27, 2015

Inspired by the true story of Danish painter Einar Wegener and his wife, this tender portrait of a marriage asks: What do you do when someone you love wants to change? It starts with a question, a simple favor asked of a husband by his wife on an afternoon chilled by the Baltic wind while both are painting in their studio. Her portrait model has canceled, and would he mind slipping into a pair of women's shoes and stockings for a few moments so she can finish the painting on time. Of course, he answers. Anything at all. With that, one of the most passionate and unusual love stories of the twentieth century begins.

Wow, he's quite...hot.

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

he looks creepy as fuck.

I spent so long looking for this thread when that picture got posted... didn't realise the thread hadn't been made yet.

I've been looking forward to the film for a while. Jared Leto did a decent job of playing a trans woman in Dallas Buyers Club but the film largely ignored Rayon. Obviously this will go much more in depth to the trans character.

I wish Hollywood would cast more transpeople in trans roles though.

he looks creepy as fuck.

How so?

Edited by treeroy

Any older famous transgenders that could use a biopic. I'd like to see Keaton and Redmayne go to war again on the red carpet. Is it too soon for someone to portray Lana Wachowski?

What on earth would warrant a Wachowski biopic?  :lol:

A true story transgender biopic? Just give him the awards already!

I suppose at least he hasn't gone down the coasting route of rom-coms. yet.

Wait... you mean theory of everything wasn't a romcom? I shouldn't have laughed when he fell over? oops

Any older famous transgenders that could use a biopic. I'd like to see Keaton and Redmayne go to war again on the red carpet. Is it too soon for someone to portray Lana Wachowski?

Keaton might as well put his thank you letter speech in his pocket for this upcoming awards.