Captain Craig

Leonard Nimoy passes at 83 - Feb 27, 2015

Leonard Nimoy passes away at age 83. 

Even though Discussion is likely to also be in the Star Trek 13( III ) thread it only felt right that in the Star Trek sub forum of the board there be one a well.

Known mostly for portraying Spock on Star Trek in various iterations he got his start as a recurring regular on Mission Impossible. Was the voice of Galvatron in the 1986 animated Transformers: The Movie and later Michael Bay cast him as the voice of Sentinel Prime for Transformers Dark of the Moon. 

He played the rarely seen, 11 appearances, but crucial William Bell on tv's Fringe from '08-'12 and made a name for himself as a go-to narrator for documentaries. He also had quite the eye for photography with a modest but respected showing of his photography art.

Mr. Nimoy for many of us you always were and forever shall be....our friend. Live Long dear sir. 

Nimoy-SentinelPrime.jpg

fringe-over-there-part-2-leonard-nimoy.j

Mission-Impossible-Terror-Paris-master-o

leonard-nimoy-la-film-festival.jpg

2013-03-25-leonard_nimoy-533x447.jpg

• Like 2

On hearing of the passing of Leonard Simon Nimoy(1931-2015), and learning also about his funeral on 1 March, I put together some of my writing about him and his Star-Trek fame to serve as a sort of quasi-eulogy. I have also integrated his life and my own since both he and I have had a keen interest in autobiography, and a find such synthesis and integration of lives provides an interesting, a heuristic, base for my personal and speculative writing. 

Some readers may find this personal synchronicity annoying, and for this I apologize before readers get going here with the following prose-poetic work. Readers who prefer short and pithy posts are simply advised to either skim or scan or stop reading now.-Ron Price, Australia 

----------------

Go to this link, FYI, at: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=544124